Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ramkumarpgk
Viewer

CISSP-ISSAP exam without CISSP?

Team, 

excuse me if this a silly question.

i'm preparing for CISSP and planning the exam by end of this year. since the CISSP-ISSAP concentration is available, can i do that directly without CISSP ?

please advise. 

Thanks, 

7 Replies
AndreaMoore
Community Manager

Hi @ramkumarpgk 

Good question. 

Here is a page on our website explaining the concentrations: https://www.isc2.org/Certifications/CISSP-Concentrations I've also pasted the quick explanation below. So, you'll need to pass the CISSP first and then consider concentrations later.

These specialized credentials build upon the CISSP. Whether you’re interested in career growth, deeper knowledge or achieving elite status, CISSP Concentrations are optional pursuits that prove your subject matter mastery. They highlight your evolving expertise in information security:

• Architecture
  • Engineering
  • Management

To qualify for the CISSP-ISSAP, you must be a CISSP in good standing and have two years cumulative, paid work experience in one or more of the six domains of the CISSP-ISSAP Common Body of Knowledge (CBK).

To qualify for the CISSP-ISSEP, you must be a CISSP in good standing and have two years cumulative, paid work experience in one or more of the five domains of the CISSP-ISSEP CBK.

To qualify for the CISSP-ISSMP, you must be a CISSP in good standing and have two years cumulative, paid work experience in one or more of the six domains of the CISSP-ISSMP CBK

ISC2 Community Manager
CraginS
Defender I

@ramkumarpgk asked " since the CISSP-ISSAP concentration is available, can i do that directly without CISSP ?"

Ramkumar,

Andrea  @AndreaMoore  gave the full answer.

The short and definite answer is no.

Craig

D. Cragin Shelton, DSc
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
My Blog
My LinkeDin Profile
My Community Posts
Steve-Wilme
Advocate II

Not sure why you'd even want to try to do that given the ISSAP builds on some of the material in the CISSP and requires you've done a fair amount of additional background reading.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Steve Wilme CISSP-ISSAP, ISSMP MCIIS
codinglope
Viewer II

Dear team,

I am planning to do the CISSP exam, but have to be an associate since I do not have the five years of required experience. Right after the CISSP exam I would like to tackle the CISSP-ISSEP exam, is that possible when I still will not have the five years of experience for CISSP but passed the CISSP exam?

Thanks a million for answering my question.

AndreaMoore
Community Manager

@codinglope wrote:

Dear team,

I am planning to do the CISSP exam, but have to be an associate since I do not have the five years of required experience. Right after the CISSP exam I would like to tackle the CISSP-ISSEP exam, is that possible when I still will not have the five years of experience for CISSP but passed the CISSP exam?

Thanks a million for answering my question.

@codinglope Please see the policy for CISSP-ISSAP: To qualify for the CISSP-ISSAP, you must be a CISSP in good standing (which means full membership, not associate) and have two years cumulative work experience in one or more of the six domains of the CISSP-ISSAP Common Body of Knowledge (CBK). https://www.isc2.org/certifications/cissp-issap 

ISC2 Community Manager
codinglope
Viewer II

Dear Andrea Moore,

thank you for your reply.

Will I be able to do the CISSP-ISSEP exam, when having the CISSP as a full member but not the additional two years of working experience that is required for CISSP-ISSEP?

Thanks a million.

AndreaMoore
Community Manager

To qualify for the CISSP-ISSEP, you must be a CISSP in good standing and have two years cumulative work experience in one or more of the five domains of the CISSP-ISSEP Common Body of Knowledge (CBK).

https://www.isc2.org/certifications/cissp-issep 

ISC2 Community Manager