cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Newcomer I

Re: CISSP Failed Exam 11/2018 ***Passed. 12/2018***

The CISSP really is far from real world. Because of all the posts stating the same experience I had, I cancelled my second attempt to get a refund, minus $100. I think the CompTIA CySA and CASP are more on target and align with the real world. Plus, both of those certs almost equal the cost of the CISSP!!!
Highlighted
Newcomer I

Re: CISSP Failed Exam 11/2018

I took the test 06.20.2020 and failed. for preparation I read the ISC2 CISSP rev 8 official study twice and completed the ISC2 CISSP official study guide questions multiple times and the lowest score I got was %80  after taking all the tests. I also bought Boson CISSP test app, completed their tests and scored well consistently. I skimmed through all the chapters and thought I finally was prepared to take the exam or so I thought. At one point in the exam I asked the test proctor to verify I was taking the correct test and not the exam for the ISC2 cloud certification which I saw while researching the certifications. She verified it was the only one they had. Out of 150 questions Out of 150 there were approx 15 questions that were similar to the ISC2 official study guide questions (I'm certain I choose correctly), approx 20 questions about Cloud security mgmt, and many were not in ISC2 Official study guide material. Some questions I could only venture a guess on as they made little sense and were worded poorly. I know two other people who passed the ISC2 CISSP in 2017 - 2018 that said told me all they did was read the ISC2 study guide and do the ISC2 study guide questions and that was sufficient. This is apparently no longer the case in 2020. I want to retake this eaxam and pass but I haven't clue about how best to prepare for the questions the ISC2 test think-tank "may" have on the next exam? After a lot of research it appears that there are many variations of sets of questions and if one is lucky they get questions that relate to their ISC2 recommended study material. Can some one point me to the best method to prep for this test?

Highlighted
Newcomer I

Re: CISSP Failed Exam 11/2018

CBT nuggets which should include Kaplan practice tests

Stephen Pettye, MBA, PMP, CSM, MCSE, ITIL, A+, VCA
Highlighted
Newcomer I

Re: CISSP Failed Exam 11/2018

I recommend Training Camp. They have an official partnership with ISC2. I had a great experience with them. Good Luck.

Official (ISC)2 CISSP Certification Training Camp
Current Bootcamp
Program Price Includes:
- Total-Immersion Training delivered by (ISC)2 Authorized Instructors
- Courseware which encompasses the Official (ISC)2 CBK Review Seminar (v13
(ISC)2 CISSP training manual), Training Camp's (ISC)2-endorsed accelerated
review guide, the Official (ISC)2 Practice Exams, and comprehensive pre-class
study materials
- CISSP examination voucher and CISSP examination scheduling on final day of
class
- Examination Passing Policy: Students that do not successfully pass the CISSP
examination can re-sit any available classroom-based CISSP course
- Six days of hotel accommodations, most meals, unlimited beverages and snacks

Highlighted
Newcomer I

Re: CISSP Failed Exam 11/2018

Thank you for the info. I have taken a TrainingCamp bootcamp in the past and agree they are very good. I do however find it wrong / unfortunate that one can not rely on the CISSP ISC2 "official" study guide 944 pages and 1000's of study guide questions to prep for this exam.

 


@AJAspinwall wrote:
I recommend Training Camp. They have an official partnership with ISC2. I had a great experience with them. Good Luck.

Official (ISC)2 CISSP Certification Training Camp
Current Bootcamp
Program Price Includes:
- Total-Immersion Training delivered by (ISC)2 Authorized Instructors
- Courseware which encompasses the Official (ISC)2 CBK Review Seminar (v13
(ISC)2 CISSP training manual), Training Camp's (ISC)2-endorsed accelerated
review guide, the Official (ISC)2 Practice Exams, and comprehensive pre-class
study materials
- CISSP examination voucher and CISSP examination scheduling on final day of
class
- Examination Passing Policy: Students that do not successfully pass the CISSP
examination can re-sit any available classroom-based CISSP course
- Six days of hotel accommodations, most meals, unlimited beverages and snacks



.

Highlighted
Newcomer II

Re: CISSP Failed Exam 11/2018

CISSP certification is compromised of knowledge and experience, to attain a provisional passing score.. While those resources will provide the fundamental concepts that can be applied, understanding the scenario in question and how to apply the BEST approach is not so clear. 3 out of 4 choices would work, but one is the BEST and would be the recommended approach. Most real world scenarios can be new, and vague to us, which are unlike ‘textbook examples’ thus enforcing the application of CISSP fundamentals.


One question and scenario at a time, and don’t think answer choice a is better than B C or D, simply because A is similar to what you would do, but that is not a answer choice. Choose the BEST answer of the choices available. That perhaps is the biggest struggle for some, as I found myself doing that too.

Best of luck
Highlighted
Community Champion

Re: CISSP Failed Exam 11/2018

> jsavlen43 (Viewer) posted a new reply in Career on 06-21-2020 12:08 PM in the

> I took the test 06.20.2020 and failed. for preparation I read the ISC2 CISSP rev
> 8 official study twice and completed the ISC2 CISSP official study guide
> questions multiple times and the lowest score I got was %80  after taking all
> the tests. I also bought Boson CISSP test app, completed their tests and scored
> well consistently.


> I skimmed through all the chapters and thought I finally was
> prepared to take the exam or so I thought.

Hmmmm. I'm not sure that's reall exam prep ...

> I want to retake this eaxam and pass but I haven't clue about how
> best to prepare for the questions the ISC2 test think-tank "may" have on the
> next exam? After a lot of research it appears that there are many variations of
> sets of questions and if one is lucky they get questions that relate to their
> ISC2 recommended study material. Can some one point me to the best method to
> prep for this test?

OK, first off, have five years of actual experience. (Not one year five times over.)

Read "Security Engineering" by Ross Anderson. Don't just skim it.

If you need more background, try some of the references at:
http://victoria.tc.ca/int-grps/books/techrev/mnbksccd.htm

Try out the samples and explanations at
https://community.isc2.org/t5/Certifications/CISSP-questions/m-p/18626

====================== (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade@vcn.bc.ca slade@victoria.tc.ca rslade@computercrime.org
You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never
were, and I say, 'Why not?' - George Bernard Shaw
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm http://twitter.com/rslade
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/
https://community.isc2.org/t5/forums/recentpostspage/user-id/1324864413

............
This message may or may not be governed by the terms of
http://www.noticebored.com/html/cisspforumfaq.html#Friday or
https://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/1468
Highlighted
Community Champion

Re: CISSP Failed Exam 11/2018

> R-R (Newcomer II) posted a new reply in Career on 06-22-2020 02:25 PM in the

> CISSP certification is compromised

Really?

====================== (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade@vcn.bc.ca slade@victoria.tc.ca rslade@computercrime.org
In many ways, the work of a critic is easy. We risk very little
yet enjoy a position over those who offer up their work and their
selves to our judgment. We thrive on negative criticism, which is
fun to write and to read. But the bitter truth we critics must
face, is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of
junk is more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. But
there are times when a critic truly risks something, and that is
in the discovery and defense of the new. The world is often
unkind to new talent, new creations, the new needs friends.
- Anton Ego, `Ratatouille'
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm http://twitter.com/rslade
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/
https://community.isc2.org/t5/forums/recentpostspage/user-id/1324864413

............
This message may or may not be governed by the terms of
http://www.noticebored.com/html/cisspforumfaq.html#Friday or
https://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/1468
Newcomer III

Re: CISSP Failed Exam 11/2018

Did you review the test score and see which CBK you are not familiar (hence score lower percentage?) I'd say focus on those first
Highlighted
Viewer II

Re: CISSP Failed Exam 11/2018

Hi Lloyd, I have a Security+, SSCP, Cysa+ and about 8 years of experience working in Help-desk and Identity & Access Management.  I'm considering taking the CISSP to help advance my career.  Based on your comments, would I be better off going for a CCSP first?