cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emersonivo
Viewer

CISSP Endorsement Process - Other member

Hi community members,
My question about endorsement is if my experience is considered inside the CISSP roll.
I have more than 25 years of IT experience, where about 15 dedicated to Network Administration (Novell + Windows), Backup and Antivirus administration and the last 10 years dedicated to Identity Management (NetIQ, ForgeRock, Sun and CyberArk).
I believe that my experience covers the topic of Identity and Access Management (IAM), but I am not sure if the Network Administration would help somehow.

Does anyone have any information to share?

2 Replies
CraginS
Defender I

@emersonivo wrote:

Hi community members,
My question about endorsement is if my experience is considered inside the CISSP roll.
I have more than 25 years of IT experience, where about 15 dedicated to Network Administration (Novell + Windows), Backup and Antivirus administration and the last 10 years dedicated to Identity Management (NetIQ, ForgeRock, Sun and CyberArk).
I believe that my experience covers the topic of Identity and Access Management (IAM), but I am not sure if the Network Administration would help somehow.

Does anyone have any information to share?

Emerson,

Prepare a special version of your resume telling what infosec-specific activities you carried out in each of you jobs. Relate them to the 8 CISSP domains. Once you have that in front of you, you will know on your own if you have the requisite two domain experience over five (or four) years.

Many Net Admins  and sysadmins have done a lot of security tasks. Some do very little. Your job titles alone are not going to tell the story. Saying what you did in the language of the domains will tell the story.

Good luck!

Craig

D. Cragin Shelton, DSc
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
My Blog
My LinkeDin Profile
My Community Posts
AppDefects
Community Champion

Excellent advice @CraginS