Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Roger
Newcomer III

CISSP Associate or CISSP

I'm very excited to announce that I've started my CISSP ASSOCIATE journey. I'm learning on my own since that's my best option at the moment. I've gotten the study materials needed.
I would like to be helped with simple study plan and what what to look out for in each domain in other to pass the exams. Thanks in advance for the reply.
17 Replies
Roger
Newcomer III

Thanks very much for the links shared. Loads of resources at my disposal 😀😀😀😀
prashasth
Newcomer I

Hi ,

Just wanted to know one if I clear the CISSP and become an associate member, do I need to take up the exam again once I gain the professional experience? Or is it just verification of my experience?

Roger
Newcomer III

When you become an associate all you need is to get the experience and get certified. You won't take the exams again.
prashasth
Newcomer I

Thanks Roger. One last query, I am 3 years experienced cyber security professional with 4 years of a college degree in computer science engineering. Let's say if I get associate now by clearing CISSP exam, can I get the CISSP certificate credentials in one year ( by completing 4 years). I see that they have a waiver of 1 year for those who have a 4-year college degree.

Roger
Newcomer III

In my opinion i think you'll work for another three years. You'll get certified in the third year. Can you post this question as a new thread? So that we see what the experts has to say.
prashasth
Newcomer I

Sure. Thanks.

Roger
Newcomer III

You welcome
CraginS
Defender I

@Roger wrote:
In my opinion i think you'll work for another three years. You'll get certified in the third year. Can you post this question as a new thread? So that we see what the experts has to say.

https://community.isc2.org/t5/Certifications/Associate-CISSP-convertion-to-CISSP-with-4-years-of-exp...

D. Cragin Shelton, DSc
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
My Blog
My LinkeDin Profile
My Community Posts