Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vicwilliams
Viewer

About to take the exam

I just paid my $699. Going to taking the exam on 13 April. Any advice?

19 Replies
Admarnelson
Newcomer III

Be ready. 699$ is the a lot of money in your investment. you need return them.

read why people failed in exam to be for you some example don't do the same.

if you quick ready you have 1 month forward, you can read cissp guide for Conrad 3º Edition simply and make much practice until 2 days before exam. you can also watch Kelly videos on cybrary and download mp3's kelly in 1 ou 2 weeks. there is also cccure good test. good look, and sucess on the exam

rick3
Newcomer II

Good tips. Thanks.

rick3
Newcomer II

Tks. I appreciate it. What's next on your cert list?

khale426
Newcomer I

CASP. Dovetails nicely from CISSP. Then CCNA & CEH.
Finch
Newcomer I

I got the CEH first, then CCNA Security followed by CISSP, last month I received CCNA R/S.

As far as certifications regarding security, CCNA Sec and R/S are very poor. You will learn more about commands, the Cisco way of doing things, and routing than anything involving security. You will also be tested on memorization, not comprehension of material.

The CEH however is actually pretty good, I took version 8 a few years ago, and have a friend who recently took version 9 and it seems about the same. They do a good job of introducing and guiding you through various security tools that are out there.
rick3
Newcomer II

Finch,

This is helpful info. I plan on taking the CEH exam next year. I will probably take the CompTIA CySA+ cert first to get prepared for the CEH exam. I heard that they are similar. 

rick3
Newcomer II

I have to look at the CASP to see what it involves. I am also planning to take the CCNA exam.

denbesten
Community Champion

@Bertikus, For me, computer glasses help tremendously. 

Like everything else we do, when the problem gets beyond our capabilities, we hire consultants, give them the requirements and they give us their professional recommendation.  My local Walmart does walk-in appointments for $55.  For me, it is worth the money just to know where everything stands.  Think if it like a quick audit to validate your assumptions or an annual DR test to make sure things still work as expected.

Just as we need proper requirements to competently advise our clients, so does the Doc to develop a prescription.  In his world, a computer is a 14" tablet.  Mine is 2 x 24" monitors on adjustable arms.  Once he saw a picture, he was able to understand why he needed to prescribe both progressives for normal life and specific glasses that match my work environment.

It is also important to adjust your workspace (including the monitors) and to do preparatory research regarding how eyes focus, what symptoms occur when things go wrong, how computers contribute, and how glasses help.

rick3
Newcomer II

Hi,
Check out the infosec site at http://resources.infosecinstitute.com/category/certifications-training/cissp/domains/security-and-ri...

The site has a wealth of information for CISSP test takers. You can use it to supplement your current studies. I'm using it since I test on 10 April. Good luck!
Faddakings
Newcomer I

My simple device is to know the roles of all the RMF task, and how RMF maps to SDLC.