Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Caute_cautim
Community Champion

What would you do about this one?

Hi All

Spotted on Linkedin and asked to circulate:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/kristin-lee-jacobs?miniProfileUrn=urn%3Ali%3Afs_miniProfile%3AACoAAB7gwN...

Regards

Caute_Cautim

10 Replies
Beads
Advocate I

She reads like an entry level IAM resource. Not that there is anything wrong there but her location makes it prohibitive to place her in any sensitive area that the Chinese may find of interest.

If she were a North American based resource there would be little to no reason not to push her profile. IAM resources are the biggest recruiting challenge I face today.

- B/Eads

dcontesti
Community Champion

The problem is that anyone can write anything on Social Media and unless hiring manager's can ferret out the wheat from the shaft on a resume, folks like this may get hired.

What we can do is continue to educate out HR departments and ask that they include someone with experience in the field.

My nickel canadian

d

Beads
Advocate I

Went through her profile and as soon as I saw her geographic location had to eliminate her from any non-South East Asian opportunities. That means I could not place her in countries like Japan, USA or Europe as all these
"Geo's" have limits on who and locale they will allow on project.

Perhaps you could hire her in Canada but for the vast majority of my companies client base, she would not make it past the HR screening. Its not a prejudice as I took my biases into consideration and looked up the specific HR policy before posting.

Not sorry, comment stands. This candidate would only be viable for positions in China and South East Asia for me.

- B/Eads

csjohnng
Community Champion

Oh.. not sure I am totally get it.

I don't really get why it's eliminate from non south east Asia opportunities ( maybe some more light help).

Japan is a quite unique market in Asia ( but often exclude from Asia market counts).

BTW, I am moving my family out of this Geo and heading to Canada, any advice would be appreciated. 

John
dcontesti
Community Champion

@Beads

Sorry did not mean to imply that we would hire her in Canada was just making the comment that HR departments (regardless of locations) need to do due diligence.

dcontesti
Community Champion

@csjohnng Where in Canada?

csjohnng
Community Champion

Vancouver
John
CraginS
Defender I

Nothing.

Why do you ask?

D. Cragin Shelton, DSc
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
My Blog
My LinkeDin Profile
My Community Posts
Nobody
Newcomer II

@Caute_cautim
Quite interesting that someone with education in marketing is passionate about cybersecurity. It's a good thing but it's better for her to elaborate "designing and implementing identity and access management solutions for large and mid size enterprises". I am not sure my understanding of IAM is the same as hers on the profile though, after reading her work experience in organizing business events / expos online or offline. Her current post is a real estate development enterprise sponsored technology incubation center for smart city.

@csjohnng
Sorry to see anther one leaving. Lost count of how many farewell in these two years. Friends, colleagues, relatives. 10% left in my previous office just last year. Friends of mine who choosed Canada now living in Winnipeg, and another one in Edmonton. They enjoyed their new life. Best of luck to you!