cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Caute_cautim
Community Champion

IBM Cloud Architect Professional V5

Hi All

I have been a little silent recently for a few weeks, due to the fact I was pursuing the IBM Cloud Architect Profession V5 certification.   Why would I do such an examination, when there is CCSP available, CCSK, AWS, Azure or even GCP available too.  Well one of the reasons, was professional career progression and the other having the ability to integrate with AWS, Azure, GCP within a modern Hybrid Cloud Architecture rather than the traditional approach for Hybrid Cloud.  And the ability to use services such as Function as a Service, or Infrastructure as Code, without having to build the underlying environment, so you can concentrate on the task at hand.   Having the ability to create Virtual Private Cloud within Public Cloud instances or even provide Native Cloud on Bare Metal or interface with Red Hat Kubernetes with full support or even AIX, I Series or even Z Series and how to do it securely.

Rather like the ISSAP, it was scenario based, sbut you see the content for yourselves: 

https://www.ibm.com/training/certification/C0001403

It is based on theory, Use Cases, and labs as well, to reinforce the principles, from a practical perspective.

However, it took me two attempts, I missed out the first time around by five marks.  But this just made me more determined to succeed.  The examination is based on the Pearson-Vue examination centres or by remote proctoring, and additional requirements from IBM - stripping down your study or work space/desk without screens, Coffee cups, pens, watches and any notes on walls was quite a task.    Due to the pandemic, I simply had not choice but to go with the remote proctoring approach.  It works, but is quite taunting the first time around.

So, on 7th February 2022, on Waitangi Public Holiday, in New Zealand, I made my second attempt - an hour an half simply slips away very quickly.  Fortunately this time around I blitzed it, which is absolutely wonderful.  As I have been working with Garage techniques based on the Minimum Viable Product (MVP) type approach.  Where pass or fail, and move on if one hypothesis does not work out, move to the next type approach is used.  Documentation simply goes out the door, as they focus on the output, so ensuring solution design aproach is adhered too, is absolutely required to keep the development teams in check.

So to me this certification, provided enormous benefits not only to my existing knowledge, but also for my colleagues I was working with, as well as the client themselves remotely.

Was it worth it, absolutely - hybrid cloud is the way forward, regardless of your preferred cloud provider, once again collaboration is required to reduce the likelihood of a migration from half a year migration task to a month, without disruption.  

Regards

Caute_Cautim

1 Reply
dcontesti
Community Champion

CONGRATS,

I have always maintained that diversifying your portfolio is a good thing.

My staff would ask me what certifications, they needed and although I truly support (ISC)2, the offerings are sometimes not appropriate for the job.

just my nickel canadian

d