Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chamberlainke
Newcomer I

Want to start a chapter in Arkansas!

I just moved to Hot Springs Village an hour southwest of Little Rock and found there is no chapter in Arkansas. Are you an active member in this area? Would you be interested in networking and working towards creating a new chapter here? If so, let's talk!

This is a huge senior community and so a huge opportunity to reach out with some great ISC2 learning programs to help people!!

10 Replies
CraginS
Defender I

Karen @chamberlainke ,

Please contact me directly by e-mail. I have been in Little Rock for just over a year.

There are no chapters in Arkansas for (ISC)2, ISSA, OWASP, or INCOSE. 

There is a chapter for INFRAGARD, https://www.infragard.org/Application/General/Branch?id=68, 

and two ISACA chapters, one in Fayetteville and one for central Arkansas in LR, https://engage.isaca.org/centralarkansaschapter/home

but I have not investigated them.

Craig

D. Cragin Shelton, DSc
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
My Blog
My LinkeDin Profile
My Community Posts
CraginS
Defender I

Since we have had no further replies to this posting, and the chapter submission window only lasts to July 31, Karen @chamberlainke and I conferred and we will not be pursuing a new (ISC)2 chapter in Arkansas at this time.

We did learn from the (ISC)2 chapter support staff that there are currently 435 in the state with certifications. They did not tell us how many Associates of (ISC)2 are in the state. And, of course, we have no way of knowing how many in Arkansas are participating in this forum.

Craig

D. Cragin Shelton, DSc
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
My Blog
My LinkeDin Profile
My Community Posts
richiebrewer
Viewer II

I recently passed the exam, and I am waiting to be on membership to be approved.  I am in Little Rock and came across this very timely thread.  If no official chapter will be started, I am interested in connecting with other members.

JeremyAusburn
Viewer

Well, Richie.. it looks like this may be a bit fortuitous.  I've also been interested in starting up a chapter locally.  Maybe with the three of us, we might make a bit of progress.  I'll be reaching out.

ftracyfarmer
Newcomer I

I am a CISSP and CCSP located in Northeast Arkansas. me and my coworker, a CISSP, would be interested in working with you on starting an Arkansas chapter. you can contact me directly at:

F. Tracy Farmer 

Systems Librarian 

Arkansas State University 

Dean B. Ellis Library 

tfarmer@astate.edu

ftracyfarmer
Newcomer I

Jeremy -

I am in the process of submitting a chapter application for Arkansas. I am located in the Jonesboro area. I would welcome any help from any Arkansas (ISC)2 member. You can contact me at tfarmer@astate.edu

Thanks,

Tracy 

TyeToles
Viewer II

Is there a ISC2 group in Central AR?

CraginS
Defender I

@TyeToles wrote:

Is there a ISC2 group in Central AR?

No.

Craig

D. Cragin Shelton, DSc
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
My Blog
My LinkeDin Profile
My Community Posts
JeremyAusburn
Viewer

Nice to meet you, Tye!

There is some movement on this of late. There is a gentleman in NorthEast Arkansas researching the application process. Unfortunately, I cannot remember his name off the top of my head.

Let's keep this conversation going as a way to keep interest strong and continue to encourage us all to stay in touch until we can get a chapter started!