Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fortean
Contributor III

Dutch Chapter breaks the 500 barrier!

With great pride and happiness the Board of the Dutch Chapter of (ISC)² announces their 500th registree. We hope to continue this growth in the next year and thank all of the registrees for their trust in us.

plot.png

The President of the Board of the Dutch Chapter of (ISC)²,

--
Heinrich W. Klöpping, MSc CISSP CCSP CIPP/E CTT+
9 Replies
ZippFire
Newcomer II

Whoehoe!!!

Congratulations.

It's good to be a member!

So to all the dutchies here, register yourself. Or not 🙂

Jeroen van de Weerd

Loose lips sink ships....
CISOScott
Community Champion

Congrats!

Kaity
Community Manager

Congrats!! That's wonderful!
paulablalock
ISC2 Former Staff

Congratulations!
praving5
Newcomer II

Hi Heinrich, This is a wonderful feat. I am not sure if there are enough chapters that have reached or surpassed that number. I am currently serving as the VP of ISC2 Bangalore, India Chapter and we have approximately 70 members. The chapter was formed around 2014-15. Bangalore is IT hub of India and there are plenty of security professionals around that are CISSP certified. Do you mind sharing some of your experience highlighting some of the things that worked for you to reach that level of registrants? What benefits does your chapter provide that sees such a response? This way, we can build on your experience and grow our local chapters. I am looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks and regards, Pravin Goyal
Becat
Newcomer I

Congrats my fellow Dutchies, proud to be a member!

Looking forward to 2018.

Kind regards,

Bert

fortean
Contributor III

Hello, Pravin,

Thank you for your kind words. Though we are very proud of our current quantity and even hope to grow a bit larger in the (near) future, quantity is of course not the most important factor. If you have seventy highly engaged professionals you may actually be able to do more work in your chapter than we can with 500 registrees. On the other hand, the chance of actively engaging 70 professionals is of course a bit better if you have 500 to pick from in the first place.

Most of our 'succes factors' were already listed in one of my earlier postings. You may want to take a look at it.

Additionally, I believe that much of what we are today was only made possible by my predecessors, whom established the informal chapter way back in 2013, with much enthusiasm and elbow grease. Everlasting kudos to them!

The current Board has build upon their work by introducing a slightly more formal approach, establishing a formal legal entity (our Foundation) and creating organisational structure and a more formal approach to formulation of policy. Our IT committee went to great lengths to establish a central facility to register our members and to set up a more professional and current web site. Our Event committee has organised a number of high-profile, successful events and als has established a very successful, I may add: friendly, cooperative, relation with with (ISC)² EMEA.

Organisational structure and continuing professionalism greatly facilitated our growth and allowed us to create even more professional events. With our new organisational structure in place, we are now on the brink of engaging an even larger group of volunteers - our first 'volunteers day' will be held on 13 Januari - which all will help to broaden our work-field, e.g. helping with programs like Safe and Secure Online, establishing smaller meetings both before and after, and focusing on, our major events and offering more learning opportunities for our members.

I hope you find encouragement and some help in these lines, Pravin, and wish you and the Bangalore Chapter all the best!

--
Heinrich W. Klöpping, MSc CISSP CCSP CIPP/E CTT+
praving5
Newcomer II

Hi Heinrich, Thanks a lot for taking the time out and sharing a detailed work plan for growing the chapter. Your advice is GOLD. I am kicking off some of the activities right from your advice and I am sure it would bring incredible success to the chapter members. Stay in touch! Thanks and regards, Pravin Goyal
jorisva
Newcomer I

Very nice, congratulations to all us Dutchies!