Announcements
April is Volunteer Appreciation Month! We want to thank all of our
volunteers for all the hard work they do! Join us in celebrating!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JBL
Viewer III

New ISSEP CBK status update

Does anyone know when the new ISSEP CBK will be published? 

9 Replies

Re: New ISSEP CBK status update

@JBL Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately, we do not currently have an ETA on when the new ISSEP CBK will be released. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,
Amanda Vance

Viewer III

Hello,

I too am looking for the CISSP-ISSEP CBK.  Since it is not yet available, how current is the "Official (ISC)2 ISSEP Self-Paced Training?"  If one were to purchase the self-paced training would the current training cover the key components of the ISSEP exam? Also, does an official ISC2 member get any discounts or a promotional value for self-paced training? 

I would really like to start reviewing something soon.  I know many people have been waiting about a year or so for updated ISSEP, ISSMP, and ISSAP materials.  I would like to start training for one of them but which one would have the most current materials available for their associated exams? I believe the certification tests were updated already (Aug 2018).  Any recommendations?

@Myles Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately, I do not have an ETA on the CBKs for the concentrations; however, I can confirm that the new self-paced training will be available in Q3 for the ISSAP, ISSEP, and ISSMP. The new self-paced training will be updated material. You will have a total of 120 days from the date of purchase to complete the self-paced training. Please note, there are no discounts on the self-paced training unless our sales team is running a promotion. To get more information on the new self-paced concentration training, please feel free to reach out to them at info@isc2.org.

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance

Advocate I

Please see the broader proposal at

https://community.isc2.org/t5/Member-Support/Release-Order-Wrong-for-Updated-Exams/td-p/14394

Dr. D. Cragin Shelton, CISSP
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
https://CraginS.blogspot.com/
Newcomer I

I took the ISSEP exam after preparing extensively using the self-paced training and failed due to the fact that only about 5% of the content on the exam had anything at all to do with the content in the ISSEP training. 100% waste of money and unfortunately there are no other preparation materials available due to the fact that the CBK has not been released, as you mentioned, @Miles.

Newcomer I

Thanks for the heads up here. The ISSEP was my last exam (I've passed all others) but I failed it today. The 2005 CBK doesn't match up well to the current domain structure. I wish ISC2 would update!!!

JBL
Viewer III

I have the other certs too but decided to hold off even studying until the new CBK was released. 

Contributor III

Hi @jumblerr,

I was watching your progress over on the other site - shame you missed out on the sweep this time!

In the absence of an updated CBK, @ToniHahn has provided a list of the most common references used for the ISSEP by domain:

https://community.isc2.org/t5/Certifications/New-ISSEP-Official-Guide-and-or-training-for-the-March-...

I and others have used this information to study for and pass the ISSEP recently.

Good luck with your next attempt!

Newcomer I

Thanks Alec! I totally took the wrong direction for this exam...After I took it today I know how to attack, and using your resources will make it a ton easier! Just a shame, I really thought I had it! It must have been close!!