Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
canLG0501
Newcomer III

CPE Credit for Prep and Passing Other Certification Exams

Can you obtain CPE credit for passing CompTIA Security+? If so, which Group (A or B) and how many CPE credits?

18 Replies
mgoblue93
Contributor I
amandavanceISC2

Hello canLG0501,

Congratulations on passing your Security + exam! Yes, you may submit CPEs for obtaining a new certification. Members may submit up to 30 CPEs under the self-study category for the time spent preparing to obtain a new certification. If the certificate is domain related, you would submit as Group A, professional development would be Group B. If you also took a training course outside of your self-study, you can also submit CPEs for the course.

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance

canLG0501
Newcomer III

Thanks Amanda for the prompt response.  I really appreciate it!

bwiflyer
Newcomer I

Hi. I obtained the CCSP this year and already hold the CISSP.   I assume I can award myself the 30H credit mentioned under my CISSP for the CCSP, but in the new system I don't see self-study as an option??

Jason K. Zahn
CISSP, CCSP, CISA, CIA, CPA
https://www.linkedin.com/in/jasonkzahn/
amandavanceISC2

@bwiflyer Congratulations on obtaining the CCSP! Yes, you may submit 30 CPEs for obtaining a new certification. Until we put in a 'self-study' category, please list it under the Education tab and then "online webinars, podcasts, and other online training". 

Best Regards, 

Amanda Vance

bwiflyer
Newcomer I

Thanks much Amanda!

Jason K. Zahn
CISSP, CCSP, CISA, CIA, CPA
https://www.linkedin.com/in/jasonkzahn/
jemonty
Viewer II

Just to clarify.  I just earned the Security+ Certification and also attended a Security + Preparatory training course.  Do I record the certification as 30 CPE credits?  And then a separate 24 CPE hours for the training course that I attended?

Thanks!

amandavanceISC2

@jemonty Congratulations! You may only submit twice if you spent up to 30 hours preparing for the exam outside of the training materials. Based on the information provided, you may submit 24 CPEs under the Education Courses and Seminars category and if you studied material outside of that from other sources, up to 30 under 'Online webinars, podcasts and other online training'. 

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance

ChetanK83
Viewer

How many CPE i can submit for passing CISM exam.