Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lamont29
Community Champion

Teaching Information Security

I am nearing the end of  my first CISSP course that I've had the opportunity to teach, and I am pretty sure that I am probably the best student in the class! I am not being facetious, learning is the main reason why I chose to put in the extra hours to teach! I am learning so much. The students challenge me to be my best, and I am all the better for it. I have gotten help from this forum as well.

Thanks to all of you who provided your suggestions!

Lamont Robertson
M.S., M.A., CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, CDPSE, MCSE
14 Replies
Early_Adopter
Community Champion

Of course in CISOScott’s senario one, I might well be worried about the well equipped and organised chainsaw thieves coming after my well secured new chainsaw...

Shannon
Community Champion

@Early_Adopter, if the 1st scenario could get you worried, I can only assume that you aren't the owner of the chainsaw but are providing insurance for it --- which can only be claimed by the owner if the chainsaw had been properly secured...

(If I'm wrong, please enlighten me)   

Shannon D'Cruz,
CISM, CISSP

www.linkedin.com/in/shannondcruz
Early_Adopter
Community Champion

@Shannon well, I’d be more worried they were coming for me next -  but I could also be a serial owner of chainsaws loaned out and stolen, and be worried about premiums. At some point the underwriters would cut their losses.

of course, perhaps this was all a front and in reality, I was feeding actionable intelligence on where the chainsaws were to the roving gangs of thieves.

At some stage it would no longer make sense to participate in either of the above scenarios. 😉

CISOScott
Community Champion

Just like during the coldwar days in Germany. There was this one guy who kept coming through the gate at night on a bicycle with a sandbag on the back. The guards would always cut open the sandbag and look for any contraband the guy was trying to smuggle in inside the sandbag. They never figured out the guy was stealing bikes.

Early_Adopter
Community Champion

So true story - they used to search miners on the way out of the mine not the way in. Mines used to bring in lunch boxes, always empty on the way out, so all was good.

One day a miner got greedy and his carrier Pigeon was so loaded down with ‘rough’ that it couldn’t fly out of the mine.

Lunches are now verified as lunches and pigeons are shot.

Not a true story(cake from a book called ‘temps’) - probably also during the Cold War, a technical quartermaster becomes convinced that his land rovers are being targeted with an ‘entropy ray’ that is causing key components to wear out. Long before they are due to be replaced per the maintenance schedule...