cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

RoadMap for begginers for Cyber Security

Hi all

i am looking for nice and good roadmap for cyber security subjects for students. and i like the all masters here and very expert people here help us to make good roadmap fr all new people wanna join this field.i can not find good resource for this . if i am noob and dont have any knowledge in computer science i mean dont know programming and networking and ... and like to learn and work and be expert in cyber security what i have to do ? where i have to start? what skills i have to learn and i have to study myself then please dont suggest any expensive training course.

thanks

18 Replies
Hacker
Newcomer II

And it's an excellent tool for penetration testing.

Cyber Security Officer
Web: QUE.com
zimbef00
Viewer II

gh4d3r,

Try cybrary which is free and you can also earn points there to take their tests and get certificates. If you then search online, you will see that since companies offer paid internships for people with little experience and some pay quite well. You can list your cyber certs on your resume and try to get one of those internships. You may have to travel to a nearby city or relocate, but it may pay enough for that depending on the internship. if you don't have much money, you can also apply to an online school and should be able to get full financial aid. A low cost one is Western Governors University and they have both an BS and MS in cybersecurity. The great thing about their program is certs are included as part of the tuition and with the BS you will earn about 9 security related industry certs plus a degree. I believe the courseware is also NSA and DHS approved. I hope this helps and wish you well on the path.
Anonymous
Not applicable

i think cyber security field is bigger than to learn and start with kali linux .i think this is bad idea

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks i think this is good one.but any one can help to use these people in real world projects that learn practical . 

zentechr
Viewer III

I suggest to get at least 2-3 years of work experience in Network or System Administration, then start looking into transitioning to Cyber Security. People needs to understand first how network infrastructure works (they should be able to design, configure and troubleshoot) so they know what needs to be protected when they get a job in Cyber Security. In terms of certs. Probably start with CompTIA Security+, Cisco CCNA, ISACA CSX. Then once in Cyber Security, get at least a couple of years work experience before looking into more advanced certs such as CISSP, ISACA CISM, GIAC.

emarchew
Viewer

Cybrary has been a life saver.  I am so thankful for these kinds of certifications because I was out of IT for a stint and now I feel like I am back in the game! 

simpliv
Viewer II

Become Cyber Security Expert - You will learn about the global tracking and hacking infrastructures that nation states run. Covering the NSA, FBI, CIA, GCHQ, China’s MSS and other intelligence agencies capabilities.

Benefit :

Lifetime Access

Price: $12

Course Completion Certificate

For more info visit us: www.simpliv.com

MartinCovill
Viewer II

Hi,

Cybrary.it host all free training courses and provide CASP, CISSP, CISM and many short modules to get into Cyber Security.

Beads
Advocate I

A career in Information Security or InfoSec starts with asking the first question. What is it that you think you want to do in InfoSec? This is an incredibly broad subject with so many facets and basic disagreement as to truly is or isn't security that we could start a firestorm of disagreement just tackling that first subject.

Are you approaching the field from a pre or post college viewpoint? Are you or have you been working in IT for any length of time? If so what is it that your doing now? Are you good with development or more of a administration type? So many questions, so little time to ask them all without having some idea about your background its really impossible to tell you what a 'Road Map' let alone a career path might entail without some idea on your background. Its like throwing darts at a board behind your back and blindfolded at the same time.

Everything else is just speculation.