Physical Security Analyst I-Operations
Tracking Code 0493 Job Location Boise, ID Wage $26.89-$32.38 (Non-Exempt) Application Deadline 4/26/2018
JOB DESCRIPTION Are you passionate about Physical Security? Do you love technology and have enthusiasm to use it to achieve security objectives? Do you enjoy working with a team of professionals to create and maintain a secure environment for critical facilities and infrastructure? If so, Idaho Power is looking for you.
With some oversight, the Analyst I is responsible for: operational development, execution and management of Idaho Power’s security operations center (SOC); Utilizing knowledge of security technology platforms and infrastructure to improve security operations; Developing, documenting, executing and maintaining SOC best practices; Executing the access provisioning program; Responding to intrusion detection events; Providing 24/7 on call support for physical security events; Assisting with sabotage event response and reporting. Developing and delivering training programs to facilitate understanding of SOC operations, controls and processes; Oversight of 3rd party SOC security force.
• Security Operation Centers (SOC), Emergency Operations Centers (EOC) or Dispatch Operations • CCTV platforms and video management system (VMS) configuration and operations • Access control platform and badge access system configuration and operations • Asset protection as demonstrated by ASIS International • Microsoft Office software and PC applications Prefer • Utility structure and NERC CIP Compliance requirements
• Applying qualitative and quantitative analysis techniques to identify root and contributing causes to security events • Alarm configuration, monitoring and response • Creation of macros and automated workflows from security devices and sensors • Conducting security incident and analysis reporting • Security technology platform troubleshooting and problem resolution
• Ability to maintain composure, execution and professionalism under pressure • Leverage, mature and advance technology to improve operations • Develop and optimize security operation center (SOC) best practices • Learn, adapt and grow new software platforms used in the course and scope of the security analyst role • Utilize technology to remotely monitor, respond and manage security incidents • Develop and maintain positive cross functional relationships inside and outside the organization
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS Education: • Bachelor's degree in criminal justice or related field, OR an equivalent combination of education and experience
• One year demonstrated corporate security experience Prefer • Two years demonstrated professional corporate security experience. • Security operation center, emergency operations center or dispatch center experience.
• Experience with Genetec access control, video management and alarm monitoring platforms • Basic understanding of security technology infrastructure and architecture Licenses: • Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record based on driving requirements for the position.
JOB COMPETENCIES • Communication, Managing Work, Work Standards, Adaptability, Applied Learning, Leveraging Feedback
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION Hours for this position would be from 8am-4pm Monday through Friday. The successful candidate for this position will be required to complete scheduled compliance training and submit to periodic background investigation as mandated by NERC. Must be part of an ongoing revolving duty schedule involving being on-call 24 hours a day/7 days a week for two weeks straight. Must be able to respond to intrusion detection events; and assist with physical security technology testing/installations/troubleshooting, handle sensitive issues with strict confidentiality and discretion.
To be considered for this position, please visit our website at www.idahopower.com/careers and complete our online application. Idaho Power is an Equal Opportunity Employer All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, physical or mental disability, marital status, and any other status protected by applicable federal and state laws. If you have questions, or require assistance or accommodation to complete the online application, please contact us at: Phone: 208-388-2965 or Email: email@example.com