Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Caute_cautim
Community Champion

Never stop learning

Hi All

The latest Posting from ISC2 announces three more courses including:

Incident Handling, and Security in IoT - these are skills you will need in abundance in 2020.

More CPEs available so keep learning and keep preparing.

Regards

Caute_cautim

4 Replies
JKWiniger
Community Champion

HEY! Wait a minute, stopping learning has been an option?!?! Oh who am I kidding, I'm just a geek that can't get enough!

The PDI training is rather good, with a few so so ones here and there but nothings perfect!

John-

Caute_cautim
Community Champion

@JKWinigerWell as you state nothing is perfect, but apparently we all need to adapt and adopt a "growth mindset" so that despite the challenges, rather than give up - we have to state I don't have those skills yet.  But give me a little time, and I achieve them.  Or one can adopt a fixed mindset and never achieve anything at all.  The human mind according research indicates that in a "fixed mindset" it never changes, yet with a "growth mindset" the human creates new neurons and new pathways.  

In time everyone, if they apply themselves will achieve the skills they strive for, we all learn in different ways, and at different rates.  

Happy New Year and great success.

Regards

Caute_cautim

Caute_cautim
Community Champion

Learning and developing a growth Mindset:

First: 

• Skills and Intelligence are grown and developed
  • Concern is focused on learning and growing
  • Effort is necessary for learning
  • Mistakes are learning opportunities
  • Challenges are obstacles to be overcome

Then take action:

• Recognise and monitor your own mindset
  • Share your mindset
  • Provide feedback for others growth
  • Strive for continuous team improvement

Hence keep learning on a daily basis, make time and effort to do this on a regular basis.

Regards

Caute_cautim

JKWiniger
Community Champion

Well put and I totally agree!

I believe I can learn things from anyone, we all have had our own experiences, and in the same light can always teach others if they want to learn. I seem to use something I call relational learning in that most of what I learn I can relate to something I already know in some way. This way, I am not learning something from scratch but rather building on something I already know. The most important words I know are "Why" and "What if" and I think because of that I will always have a passion for learning and discovering the unknown.

John-