Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CraginS
Defender I

ISSA Summit, Oct 1-2 Dallas

ISSA just opened up registration for the 2019 International Summit taking place October 1-2 in a Dallas TX suburb.

I have been to several of these in past years, found them most worthwhile, and am tentatively planning to attend this year. The event is great for both formal learning (with CPE credit) in the sessions, and personal networking in the hallways and social events.

I checked the difference in hotel reservations between going through the ISSA.org site versus reserving directly with the Omni Mandalay. The ISSA group rate is definitely better.

For Community members not familiar with the variety of organizations in our field, you should know the tISSA is not a competitor to (ISC)2, but is, in fact, one of the professional groups that founded (ISC)2. ISSA does not have certifications, but chapters routinely help members prepare for the CISSP exam. 

I heartily recommend joining ISSA and considering attending both local chapter and international meetings.

D. Cragin Shelton, DSc
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
My Blog
My LinkeDin Profile
My Community Posts
1 Reply
CraginS
Defender I

@CraginS wrote:

ISSA just opened up registration for the 2019 International Summit taking place October 1-2 in a Dallas TX suburb.

ISSA has extended the Early Bird rate for Summit registration to August 18. For ISSA members and students this rate is $349.00.

I hope to see many of you there.

D. Cragin Shelton, DSc
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
My Blog
My LinkeDin Profile
My Community Posts