Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fedoracore123
Newcomer III

I am out of a job, looking for a certification that can help me get a job, CCSP vs CISSP?

I am out of a job, looking for a certification that can help me get a job, CCSP vs CISSP? I have been preparing for the CISSP exam for the past six months. Someone suggested that I take the CCSP exam instead of CISSP. Which is better in terms of finding an employment.

6 Replies
Thalpius
Newcomer III

Welcome at the community!

My recommendation is to pass the CISSP exam. You’ve studied for CISSP and I think it’s more valuable than CCSP. I would recommend to pass CCSP after passing CISSP as well.

When having both will help you a lot with your future career.
Darron
Viewer

I suggest to take CISSP first.  Good luck!

Kerberos
Viewer III

I think that depends which career your are aiming at (or what your previous job was related to):

It seems that the CISSP is foccusing at management , while the CCSP is focussing at the architecture and operations part.

Greetings.

diirn
Newcomer I

In my opinion go for the CISSP as it will give you broad level of security knowledge in every area. In addition CISSP is also well known as the IT Security golden standard and is well recognized and respected on the market.

After CISSP I will recommend CCSP as the addition.

Good luck!

jordanpw
Newcomer III

As others have mentioned, I think the answer depends on what sort of job you'll be seeking and what your desired career path is. If CISSP is a good fit for one or both of those and you've already put in some study time on it, then get that one first and see where you go from there.

CCabello
Viewer II

Considering you have been preparing for the CISSP the past 6 months, I would recommend taking the taking the CISSP first. Once you have it, move forward with the CCSP. My opinion is based on my own experience. I passed the CISSP back in late April and in the process of preparing for the CCSP for sometime in August. Some of the information I read for my CISSP preparation has crossover into the CCSP which has made it easier to go through.

Also, the following help me in passing the exam First Time Go;

1. Creating an account w/TechExam.net

2. CISSP CBK

3. Sybex CISSP Study Guide

4. Sybex CISSP Apps for Android - Study Guide and Test Questions, each one was $10

5. Sybex CISSP website - which has over 1000 questions

6. Cybrary CISSP - Kelly Handerhan is awesome

7. Transcender through CISSP - Has over 900 questions and is only $42, great resource. Disclaimer: the paid format has now changed and it is $100/month. But it includes all their study material for all things IT

8. 11th Hour CISSP Study Guide

9. Last but not least Family Support 

Everything listed above is based on my research I did on TechExams and the individuals that were able to pass it on the first/second time. I wish you the best of luck!!!!