Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arpittech
Viewer

How Beneficial Is To Learn (ISC)2 CISSP Training?

I am willing to pursue my career in cyber security. I was reading some fintech news regarding cyber security and came to know that (ISC)2 CISSP certification is one of the main certification before starting my career in this field. I am also looking for CISSP training as it will help me in learning about the CISSP and clearing the CISSP exam. So, on the behalf of career I really want to know the benefits of having CISSP training and pursue career in CISSP field.

7 Replies
anujsingh
Viewer

Its a good question to be ask actually i am also planning to make my career and still searching for some of the best CISSP training centers in Delhi NCR 

arpittech
Viewer

As soon as I get to know any such training institute or centers I will post in the comment section for sure.
mganga2k
Newcomer I

Getting my cissp has been very beneficial for me - it has unlocked more job opportunities than without it. I cannot say that my experience will be same as yours but please read through the profiles of ISC2 blog series "CISSPS from around the globe" https://blog.isc2.org/.services/blog/6a00e54f109b67883400e54efc47bc8833/search?filter.q=cissp

CraginS
Defender I

@arpittech wrote:

I am willing to pursue my career in cyber security. I was reading some fintech news regarding cyber security and came to know that (ISC)2 CISSP certification is one of the main certification before starting my career in this field...

Arpit,

You should understand that the CISSP is one of the main professional certifications in the field, but it is not the one to try for as you are beginning your infosec / cybersec career. The CISSP is intended for middle and senior  managers in the field. You are right to have CISSP as a goal to pursue once you have several years working in the field, but for now you would be better served by just understanding the content of the eight domains, and focusing your study and training on more immediate hands-on topic.

As for certifications to open doors early in your move into infosec, I think a good list is CompTIA's IT+ and Sec+, the SSCP from (ISC)2, any of the baseline SANS courses that have hands-on work in the CISSP domains you find most interesting, With a few years into the field,  CEH is a good one to grab, and with 3 or 4 years of experience, time to start serious study for CISSP, and then CCSP.

Good luck!

Craig

D. Cragin Shelton, DSc
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
My Blog
My LinkeDin Profile
My Community Posts
RRoach
Contributor I

Noticed post.

Not knowing what experience/training you already have, I would recommend researching the career path (to include IT), then getting some hands on training/experience through various jobs/school/volunteering to include vendor specific. Just about every security related position requires some kind of IT experience/knowledge to include job specific. Certification by itself in most cases is not good enough.

Also consider: CISSP has years of experience requirements so maybe look into A+, Network+, CISCO, MS, etc. 

Another possibility: maybe reach out to a recruiter/headhunter/etc. who specializes in hiring security related positions and have them review your resume and give you some kind of feedback

as well as networking within school/company/associations/etc. with people who actually are in a career/job you might be interested in.

Steve-Wilme
Advocate II

If trying to enter CyberSec or IT in general, getting a more hands on qualification is likely to be more beneficial initially as a way of securing employment in the field.  It may for example be worth looking at a networking qualification or say looking at an AWS certification, then get some practical experience.  It's far less common to get a CISSP then enter security than to have been working in security/IT admin then get a CISSP.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Steve Wilme CISSP-ISSAP, ISSMP MCIIS
Ederdemattos
Newcomer I

Hi, my 5 cents:

Try to see: https://pauljerimy.com/security-certification-roadmap/

On this website, you will find a good overview of infosec certs

Regards

Eder de Mattos, CISSP-ISSAP, ISSMP, CCSP