Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vince
Newcomer I

CCSP

Just wanted to know if there are any members out there who are considering doing the CCSP exam. I do believe this cert has the potential to be the most valuable accreditation for a security professional. Being aware of the digital/cloud security landscape is now a necessity for our profession and having the badge to prove it will provide  tangible evidence of capability in this space. In my opinion ISCx2 will now need to sell the value of the badge and fully leverage the association with the cloud security alliance CSA. I've just done the exam, so happy to share my experience (without contravening our code of ethics) with anyone who is also considering doing it.

Be safe & secure!

Vince  

45 Replies
emerson_01
Newcomer I

Good, my skype address: emer2@msn.com but I only enter the 22:00 hours in Brazil or on Saturday at 13:00.  Tell me about the materials you are studying

nagarajan
Contributor I

Hi Emerson,

My skype id is rootscan3. Time difference between India and Brazil is of 7 1/2 hours. I get up at 5:30 am Indian Standard Time which would be exactly 10 pm in Brazil so we can catch up on skype.

If you use WhatsApp then we can keep each other informed about our absence/late joining on certain days, let me know if you are okay (my cell# is (91 Country Code) 8412827058).

I am using the official book for ccsp and i go through videos on the internet and youtube. Let's catch up soon.

Cheers,

Raj

Regards,
Nagarajan Viswanathan (Raj)
blondebyte
Reader I

I sat the exam in October, just missed the mark. I'm supposed to retake on 1/23. I am not sure where I went wrong the first time, other than attempting while having the flu. Practice exam scoring is high, so I have no idea how to tweak my studies in preparation for the 23rd. 

MaestroD
Newcomer I

Does it really take 6-8 weeks for (ISC)2 CCSP Endorsement for CISSP Holders?
emerson_01
Newcomer I

yes this is the mean time

mamane
Newcomer II

Hi Vince

I'm planning to sit for the exam next Feb. 12th! I agree with you on the potential that CCSP may have!

Mamane

CISSP, CISA, CRISC, ISO27K LA, CMQ/OE, PMP
davidmbill
Viewer

I took a second CCSP exam and I failed again.  The ISC2 CCSP CBK book will not get you through the exam.  I had about 35 questions relating to SAML and another 15 for WS-Federation.  Out of the 125 questions on the exam, I would say 60 of them I could understand and read.  The others made zero sense and the answers were worse! The entire exam was select the BEST answer or it would say select the GREATEST or GREAT answer.  

Once again, this CCSP exam needs improved study guides and materials.  

Manal
Newcomer I

I suppose the best aporoach is to start treating this exam as CISSP for cloud or even a cloud concetration exam rather than an independent cloud certification altogether. Remember nothing is security leaves the CIA triad and same holds true for cloud security.
Be very clear with every CISSP concept as the questions are expected you to think on those lines. A CISSP book will be your best guide which should be complimented with CCSP specific books along NIST publications.
Cloud hasn't drastically change any security requirement. It is just an environment with lesser control and theorically hightened risks (not always), so a mitigation regiman has to be placed, which will only come from the controls you already have in your CISSP arsenal like encryption or security awareness.
P.S. I cleared my exam last year, luckily on very first attempt. I am also holding a CISSP since 2013.
mamane
Newcomer II

Good Luck!

Don't forget to use the companion website to test your knowledge.

CISSP, CISA, CRISC, ISO27K LA, CMQ/OE, PMP
S3cur1tyExprt
Newcomer II

I am also currently studying for the CCSP. I’m using all the resources mentioned and in addition I’m viewing the Adam Gordon videos at ITPROTV. Has anyone used these videos to supplement your studying?