Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fgarcialainez
Newcomer III

Re: (ISC)² Self-Study Resources for CSSLP

Hi,

Do you have any update about this?

Also, are you planning to create any self-paced online training for the CSSLP as in most of the other certifications?

Note that there is many (but many) people that would be interested in taking this certification, and I think that having this kind of resources would be really helpful for all of us.

Thanks and Regards,

tswern
Newcomer I

You can find self-study material related to CSSLP in http://www.linkedin.com/learning.

csjohnng
Community Champion

@fgarcialainez

I clear CSSLP after my ISSEP, I would say the study/preparation on ISSEP clear a lot of domain for me in CSSLP. I did not read any study guide (I mean books). 

You may refer to the official study guide. For online, I find Jerod Brennen CSSLP on linkedin learning can give you a good summary of the domain covered in the CSSLP and he explained the concept also very clear, a very good reminder or revision on what is expected in CSSLP. I have read through his CSSLP, and he has also other learning series on application security too.

John
fgarcialainez
Newcomer III

Hi,

I already took some of these courses few months ago, but in spite that those are good, I feel that I still need some additional preparation, specially practice tests.

Note that at the end, I am not asking about something special, I just would like to have the same kind of materials than in other certifications.

Regards,
csjohnng
Community Champion

Got it.
I think you can look at the
1) NIST SP 800-160 volume 1, it is very good ,well written and relevant,
2)maybe the OWASP Secure Coding Practices-Quick Reference Guide
3) Building Security In Maturity Mode (BSIMM)
4) NIST Mitigating the Risk of Software Vulnerabilities by Adopting a Secure Software Development Framework (SSDF)

These are very good. For practice test, apology i did not take any except the flash cards for all my isc2 exams or each checkpoint question of the study guide for each chapter

John