Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bykerboy
Viewer

Trying to post CPE's

For months I have had issues trying to post CPE's on this website.   The same generic error about contacting support.  Multiple contacts with support and still no resolution.   

Has anyone else seen this issue?  If so any resolution.  I have wasted hours trying to submit annual learning requirements with no success.

3 Replies
tldutton
ISC2 Team

@bykerboy How did you contact support?  What country are you located in?  

bykerboy
Viewer

I have emailed support multiple times with always the same response and never any resolution to my issue.

I am in the USA.

Their support is absolutely useless.   

denbesten
Community Champion

At what point does the error occur? I have found that the CPE app does data validation on the back end (after submission), but does not enforce the same rules in the UI (while entering data).  You might try going to the page that caused the error and making all the data as "simple" as possible --- nothing too large, limit punctuation and avoid Unicode characters.  

The one that bites me the most is a length limit on the "author/presenter" field.  I have learned to strip out job titles when I copy/paste from a BrightTalk viewing certificate, which seems to keep it short enough.

And, when entering partial hours, try a period to separate the fractional hour, instead of a comma.

You might also try a "testing" entry that has the simplest possible data in each field to make sure the overall system works for you.  Just be sure to delete it afterwards and to make it clear that it is testing data incase it gets hit by a random audit. E.g. you might make the title be "Testing that CPE submission works".