Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DHerrmann
Contributor II

Professional Development Institute - not many classes these days (and ISC(2) certificate costs)

I was looking at the Professional Development Institute sessions today.   It's been about a year, and I was surprised that the small number of classes offered compared to last year.

Are there any plans to add more PDI sessions?

----------------------------

I was also saddened to see that the Cloud Security Certificate comes with a $298 charge.   That's the type of service that I feel was once covered by PDI.

12 Replies
DHerrmann
Contributor II

It's in red text when I go into the PDI class.   That seems official to me.

I wonder how many other PDI classes are on their last days.  Hoping it's a mistake, of course - but we have seen the GDPR class vanish.

tmekelburg1
Community Champion

PDI classes getting phased out, definitely yes. Charging members for the classes, nothing has been said officially on that topic.

wimremes
Contributor III

It is my understanding that ISC2 worked with (some) third party providers for at least some of the PDI content. Courses being retired might be tied to ISC2 reviewing/changing/improving/severing relationships with (some) third party providers and a price indication of the course content may be an intermediate step to ensure contractual commitments (i.e. termination clauses etc.) are met.

Would be great if ISC2 actually gave a toss and used this "community" to communicate stuff that ... I don't know ... MATTERS TO MEMBERS?

Sic semper tyrannis.