Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DHerrmann
Contributor II

Professional Development Institute - not many classes these days (and ISC(2) certificate costs)

I was looking at the Professional Development Institute sessions today.   It's been about a year, and I was surprised that the small number of classes offered compared to last year.

Are there any plans to add more PDI sessions?

----------------------------

I was also saddened to see that the Cloud Security Certificate comes with a $298 charge.   That's the type of service that I feel was once covered by PDI.

12 Replies
EsojLabina
Newcomer I

I was able to take all cloud courses for free as a member
DHerrmann
Contributor II

As seen at https://www.isc2.org/certificate/cloud-security-certificate/member-pricing

Cloud Security Certificate Member Pricing

Cloud Basics

Learning and Assessment - $99

Final Assessment Only - $39

Moving to the Cloud

Working in the Cloud

EsojLabina
Newcomer I

Are you a member of the ISC or an associate?
EsojLabina
Newcomer I

If you are a member login into learn.isc2.org and you should find all the immersive classes
DHerrmann
Contributor II

Full member (CISSP) in good order - I'm logged into isc2.org.

I got those prices by clicking on the Member Pricing button.

dcontesti
Community Champion

As per this website:

https://enroll.isc2.org/catalog?pagename=Professional-Development

Looks like they may be changing the way courses are made available to Members but this should be clarified by management.

tmekelburg1
Community Champion

@DHerrmann Once logged in, click on the 'My Courses' tab at the top. It will take you to all of the courses and it doesn't cost anything to members. The cloud classes you listed are in the 'Immersive' section.

tmekelburg1_0-1665662843601.png

DHerrmann
Contributor II

Thanks - taht helps @tmekelburg1!

Unfortunately, I only have a few days left - I'm getting this message in the "Working in the Cloud" class. I wonder if all courses we could take as ISC(2) members are moving to a pay model. Sad if true. Very sad.

NOTE: (ISC)2 continues to refresh its portfolio of Professional Development Institute (PDI) course offerings. This course will be retired as of October 21st, 2022 at 11:59 pm (ET). If you have already completed this course, you will retain the certificate of completion in your awards which can be reported towards your annual CPE's. Please note that you will have access to the content in this course until this date should you wish to complete it and earn the certificate of completion and CPE's associated with it. Once the course has been shut down (ISC)2 will be unable to provide any additional support or extend access in any way. We are committed to maintaining the quality and relevance of our training and frequently add new courses to our portfolio. Check back frequently to see our new course offerings.
tmekelburg1
Community Champion

I can't say for 100% certainty because I don't work there but it's always been communicated that PDI courses are included with the membership. No use of being sad for something that hasn't been officially put out yet.