Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Corin_Cadence
Viewer III

Must we report all 40 CPEs in a single year for a self-paced course?

- Taking an online self-paced, blended or instructor-led educational course
- Self-study related to research for a project or preparing for a certification examination

I want split a self-paced course credits 20 for one year, and 20 for the second. The rules above seem to hint at this possibility, but there is another rule in the same document that contradicts my interpretation.

The official CPE PDF also says we have to report CPE credits for an activity all in one entry. So it sounds like they cannot be split.
2 Replies
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

Have a read of the CPE handbook again. Particularly, look at 3-year cycle CPE "requirements" versus per year "suggested" totals. Also, look at the criteria for CPEs to rollover between 3-year cycles. Based on the understanding of those things, I suspect what you want to do is not actually required.

To answer the question though, as you have stated yourself, it's suggested you submit all CPEs for a single CPE activity (whether that activity spans hours/days/weeks/months/years) as a single submission with the end date being the key as to which 3-year cycle the CPEs are applied against.

However, if you can legitimately justify, if faced with an audit, why the CPEs were submitted in more than one submission, then that could possibly be fine too.

Corin_Cadence
Viewer III

Thank you, that gives me peace of mind to sign up for the CCSP self-paced course this year.