Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CyberShiv24
Viewer

If I earn a Google I.T. support certificate is that group A or group B CPE credits?

Hello! I have the CC certification and I was wondering if I can use the Google I.T. support certificate towards my requirements for earned CPE credits? 

2 Replies
ElectricLynn
Newcomer III

I don't see anything about certifications with other organizations in Group A or B of the handbook.

I could be wrong, but when the handbook states "Self-study related to research for a project or preparing for a certification examination" I interpret the meaning to be ISC2 related.  ISC2 really can't attest to the legitimacy of Google training offered through Coursera.

However, You could load it in your dashboard and wait for the response.  You may be pleasantly surprised.

I have stuck with CPE directly linked to ISC2 Continuing Education drop down menus to be safe. Even then I have been disappointed.  Nothing has been 15 - 30 days automatic as stated when I contacted 866-331-4722 on May 28th after earning my CC on 5/10 and got some incorrect answers about my News & Insights CPE work that it would be automated.  Found out after having challenges to begin skill builder CPE that I was suppose to wait to do CPE work until my "Official" day of June 1st.  So I lost all of that CPE work.  Still it was useful.  However, on July 15, it will be 30 days again and I have yet to experience one CPE automatically filling my CPE dashboard.  It is frustrating when time is valuable.  SO again, I would just upload it and see,  However, if you are close to expiring... I do like the CPE certificates you download in SkillBuilder as backup.

w/r MLH
CyberShiv24
Viewer

I will upload it and let you know what happens!