Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vibhor1819
Newcomer II

Group B credits - Internal training related to general wellness covered?

Hello experts,

In CPE Handbook, page 9, Para 2 - 'Group B Credits: Professional Development', it is mentioned:

"Group B credits are earned for completion of general professional development activities which
enhance your overall professional skills, education, knowledge, or competency outside of the
domains associated with the respective certifications."

I wanted to understand if internal company sponsored session related to general mental wellness (we all need it during current times), which is helpful in overall growth can be counted for 'Group B Credits'?

This session was aimed at helping individuals understand the importance of leading a meaningful, fulfilled and balanced life and describes methods to bring about a good balance.

If this can be counted for 'Group B' credit, what information needs to be uploaded? There is no certificate of 'attendance' as such available.

Regards,

Vibhor

6 Replies
JKWiniger
Community Champion

@Vibhor1819 To me, I would say yes this should defiantly count because after all you will be learning something. There are a lot of times when we are unable to obtain a certificate or anything else as proof of attending something so what I find best is that when you enter the event in for CPE credit put a good description about what it was about or taught. You probably don't need to enter a ton of information, just enough to convey that you were in deed there.

Mental health is a major issue in the world, even more so now with what everyone is going through, so I can never seen training on it as a bad thing...

John-

Vibhor1819
Newcomer II

Thanks John!

That's what I think. From this session, you do learn some aspects on how to lead a balanced life which eventually helps you both professionally and personally. Absolutely needed during current situation.

Thanks for your inputs and feedback!

Regards,
Vibhor
tonyshiver
Contributor II

@Vibhor1819  I appreciate your bringing this question to our attention. 

On the surface, a general workshop/session on work-life balance appears to meet the "enhance your overall professional skills" criteria of Group B CPE credits.  But, it isn't one of the generally-accepted activities of Group B credits which include formal and informal learning, specialized training and other professional development opportunities that build and enhance skills, knowledge and expertise outside of the certification domains. 

So, at this time, general wellness activities should not be submitted for Group B credit. 

For questions or issues related to candidate/member services, please contact: https://www.isc2.org/Contact-Us.
JKWiniger
Community Champion

@Vibhor1819 

I stand corrected.. live and learn...

John-

Vibhor1819
Newcomer II

Hi Tony - thanks for clarification. I couldn't respond earlier as there was some issue with my ID and I wasn't able to login to Community portal.

I had added this training as Group B CPE before your clarification came in. How can I get it removed if it isn't eligible for CPEs?

Thanks for your help!
tonyshiver
Contributor II

@Vibhor1819 Please contact Member Services and one of our Member Support Coordinators can assist with modifying your CPE submissions.

https://www.isc2.org/Contact-Us#accordion-ec0be5accd8a4a36a5dbbcd3adb5307b

Tony Shiver

Manager, Member Services

For questions or issues related to candidate/member services, please contact: https://www.isc2.org/Contact-Us.