Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shannon
Community Champion

Free Online Active Shooter Training for (ISC)² Members

I'm presently working in the Gulf, where the closet thing I've seen to violence at work is the exchange of harsh words, but nothing ever coming to blows or anything further.

Nonetheless, I'm curious to try this out --- not in the least because it's free to initial registrants --- to get an idea of what you're expected to deal with elsewhere.

For those who haven't already received the email notification about this from (ISC)2, here's the link...

Shannon D'Cruz,
CISM, CISSP

www.linkedin.com/in/shannondcruz
8 Replies
CraginS
Defender I

Google CHrome OS does not like that link:

===

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from send.isc2.org (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more

NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

Subject: send.aopa.org

Issuer: Thawte RSA CA 2018

Expires on: Aug 23, 2019

Current date: Oct 6, 2018

- - - - - - -

send.isc2.org normally uses encryption to protect your information. When Google Chrome tried to connect to send.isc2.org this time, the website sent back unusual and incorrect credentials. This may happen when an attacker is trying to pretend to be send.isc2.org, or a Wi-Fi sign-in screen has interrupted the connection. Your information is still secure because Google Chrome stopped the connection before any data was exchanged.

You cannot visit send.isc2.org right now because the website uses HSTS. Network errors and attacks are usually temporary, so this page will probably work later.

======

D. Cragin Shelton, DSc
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
My Blog
My LinkeDin Profile
My Community Posts
CraginS
Defender I

@Shannon wrote:

I'm presently working in the Gulf, where the closet thing I've seen to violence at work is the exchange of harsh words, but nothing ever coming to blows or anything further.

Nonetheless, I'm curious to try this out --- not in the least because it's free to initial registrants --- to get an idea of what you're expected to deal with elsewhere.

For those who haven't already received the email notification about this from (ISC)2, here's the link...

That course is not listed in the Courst Catalog at LEARN.isc2.org:

https://enroll.isc2.org/catalog?pagename=Professional-Development

How are folks supposed to know about it?

D. Cragin Shelton, DSc
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
My Blog
My LinkeDin Profile
My Community Posts
Shannon
Community Champion

@CraginS wrote:

That course is not listed in the Courst Catalog at LEARN.isc2.org:

https://enroll.isc2.org/catalog?pagename=Professional-Development

How are folks supposed to know about it?

Good question. Frankly, I only came to know coz of an email from ISC2, and accessed it on their course site, where I'd earlier tried the Cyber Forensics Incident Recovery course. (Incidentally, that course offered CPEs, which were automatically credited to my ISC2 account)

Anyways, to update everyone, this course appears to have no connection to Information Security. At the end there was an evaluation, with one of the questions asking how the course helped me. My answer: 'It made it clear that the risk of working in the USA / Canada may be greater than I thought.'   Man Wink

Shannon D'Cruz,
CISM, CISSP

CraginS
Defender I

@Shannon wrote:
Anyways, to update everyone, this course appears to have no connection to Information Security.

I suppose it qualifies under the old (when there were 10) domain of Physical Security*. Several years ago I earned 8 CPE units in that domain for a full day NRA course on Basic Handgun Safety.

* I think the content of the old domain is now split between #2 Asset Security and #7 Security Operations.

D. Cragin Shelton, DSc
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
My Blog
My LinkeDin Profile
My Community Posts
SamanthaO_isc2
ISC2 Former Staff

Hello @CraginS and @Shannon

I wanted to pop in to provide you with some information about the course. First, thank you for your interest in the Active Shooter training course.  This training was made available on a first come first serve basis to a small group as a pilot program in order to identify interest in these types of membership benefits. The training has reached capacity and we are now reviewing the feedback from participants.  Based on this initial feedback, it is anticipated that we will be opening more seats.  Please stay connected to the community for updates.

Thanks! 

Samantha O'Connor
(ISC)² Online Community Manager
Shannon
Community Champion

Update: Soon as I completed that course, I was greeted by another: 'GDPR for Security Professionals: A Framework for Success' on the site and enrolled in it.

The relevance to my field makes this one more motivating to attend...

Shannon D'Cruz,
CISM, CISSP

Shannon
Community Champion

Another update, (ISC)2 sent an email stating that they've concluded that the course is eligible for CPEs --- 2, to be specific --- so you can login to the site to download a certificate, and the CPEs will automatically be credited to your account.

Shannon D'Cruz,
CISM, CISSP

Bryiantan
Newcomer II

Question. How do I share this training with my co-workers? Can I?