cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anosha
Newcomer I

Claiming CPEs for CISM and CISA self study

Hi All,

I am claiming CPE for CISM and CISA exam that I cleared after CISSP. I have two questions here

1. What will be the end date for the CPE period? The exam day for the certs?

2. I am claiming group A points, however, in the Education tab, I don't see the self-study category. The categories provided are

(ISC)² Certification Course

(ISC)² Professional Development Institute (PDI) Course

Book, Magazine, Whitepaper

Courses and Seminars - Other

Higher Education Course

Industry ConferenceInformation security professional association chapter meeting

Online webinars, podcasts, and other online materials

Vendor Presentation

So which one should I choose to claim CPE for CISM and CISA exam study?

Thanks,

5 Replies
Steve-Wilme
Advocate II

I don't think you can claim for sitting the exams themselves, but you can claim for the study prior to that.  It'd be wise to have evidence that you purchased the materials for this self study in case you're audited.  I'd think it would fit under education > courses and seminars - other.  Also you can only claim for study done after you got your CISSP or other ISC2 qualification.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Steve Wilme CISSP-ISSAP, ISSMP MCIIS
tonyshiver
Contributor II

@Anosha Please find the answers to your questions below:

1. What will be the end date for the CPE period? The exam day for the certs?  Yes, the end date will be the exam date.

2. So which one should I choose to claim CPE for CISM and CISA exam study? Online webinars, podcasts and online materials

If you have additional questions about CPEs, please contact Member Services directly and one of our Member Support Coordinators will be happy to assist.

http://www.isc2.org/Contact-Us

Tony Shiver

Manager, Member Services

For questions or issues related to candidate/member services, please contact: https://www.isc2.org/Contact-Us.
Steve-Wilme
Advocate II

Isn't that likely to confuse those who purchase the physical manuals and books for the ISACA exams?  

Often to study for an exam you need to have an extended period without any interruption and often being online is precisely the opposite of that; you're available for interruption and tempted by distractions.  

-----------------------------------------------------------
Steve Wilme CISSP-ISSAP, ISSMP MCIIS
Anosha
Newcomer I

Thanks alot for your reply.
Anosha
Newcomer I

Hi Steve,
I did check the courses and seminars category because I thought that would be appropriate for exams like these but seminars and courses category asks for the instructor and the dates of seminar/courses.

I was confused which category to put these CPEs in, but got the answer now.
Thanks for replying.