Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dhruvinmehta
Newcomer I

CPE

How does an associate of ISC2 earn CPE as he does not have free access to the courses from Professional Development Institute.

3 Replies
emb021
Advocate I

@dhruvinmehta wrote:

How does an associate of ISC2 earn CPE as he does not have free access to the courses from Professional Development Institute.

There are many avenues to get CPEs.

I would have thought an Associate of ISC2 had access to the PDI, as well as the magazine.  Did you check to be sure?  You are an associate member of ISC2, so figured you had those resources as well.

You can do other things to get CPEs.  Attend meetings of infosec organizations (doesn't have to be an ISC2 chapter), attend infosec conferences, do webinars, read blogs, etc.

Download the CPE handbook and go thru it.  Lot of opportunities for CPEs, many free or low cost.

---
Michael Brown, CISSP, HCISPP, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, CDPSE, GSLC, GSTRT, GLEG, GSNA, CIST, CIGE, ISSA Fellow
dhruvinmehta
Newcomer I

I can't seem to access the CPEs courses. I am getting the SSO error. I am currently an associate of ISC2.

We can't log you in. Check for an invalid assertion in the SAML Assertion Validator (available in Single Sign-On Settings) or check the login history for failed logins.

Please suggest the next steps.

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

You'll need to contact Member Services to have this resolved:

https://www.isc2.org/Contact-Us#accordion-ec0be5accd8a4a36a5dbbcd3adb5307b

If you're in a hurry you should call them and keep calling until you speak with someone as leaving a voicemail or sending an email will take a number of weeks to get a response.

As a new member you'll probably have to become fairly well acquainted with Member Services until all the little glitches with the various ISC2 systems are ironed out - you can find their contact details (the link above) at the bottom of the main ISC2 site.