cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JY1
Newcomer I

CPE not awarded and no response from ISC2 support

Hi ISC2 Community,

I would like to receive help on an issue with 2 CPEs not awarded for successfully passed the ISC2 Insights Quiz: March-April 2024.

Normally I would not resort to this channel, but my request has been seriously ignored by ISC2 support for more than a week, despite I have submitted the details twice last week and today via the  <Don't see your CPE? Contact Member Support for help>. I don't think submitting the third time would help, if two submissions have been ignored.

Fortunately I have taken a full screenshot of the Quiz result. I also notice a problem in that there is no way for member to check the history of Insights Quiz anyway in ISC2 portal. This means if I never took a screenshot, I would not have any evidence to justify my case. 

This is my first time attempting ISC2 Insights Quiz, as I usually clock my CPEs by attending the BrightTalk Webinars that usually award 1 CPE each.

In the past I used to have issues with auto-clocking CPEs via BrightTalk. CPEs from my first four BrightTalk webinars were auto-clocked as I have registered my ISC2 member ID in the first (initial) webinar I attended, thus no issue for the first four webinars. For weird reasons, from the fifth webinars onwards, auto-clocking failed and I had to delete and re-create a new BrightTalk account to make auto-clocking work again.

Somehow ISC2 needs to work on making CPE awarding system RELIABLE and ROBUST, else if it causing a hassle to member to write their case, whenever an issue is encountered.

Appreciate assistance and advice on how best to move forward with this CPE issue.

Thank you

4 Replies
Early_Adopter
Community Champion

ISC2 has periodic systems issues(the last really bad one I remember was the voting vulnerability) a couple of years back, I don’t know if we ever got any further details on it, however this is unlikely to be anything as serious or unfortunate.

This might be a problem with BrightTalk to ISC2 or something else but the best thing to do would be to call your local office Americas/EMEA/APAC. I have never not got through to a person in business hours(and they can pick it up and will get back to you).

https://www.isc2.org/contact-us
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

@JY1 

CPEs for quizzes are posted in the first week of the following month you took the quiz:

https://community.isc2.org/t5/CPE-Opportunities/CPE-Certificate-for-Infosec-magazine-quizzes/m-p/520...

Also, somewhere in the Learn portal (https://learn.isc2.org/) there is a "grades" section where all of your quiz scores can be found. I find using the alerts button (the little bell icon at the top) the easiest way to find my way to this section.

JY1
Newcomer I

@Early_Adopter 

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I'm also aware of the bylaws voting vulnerability as informed via email dated on 21 Jun 2023 that reported, "A vulnerability has been identified in our bylaws voting platform. We hold the integrity of our member voting paramount and have suspended voting until a secure environment is restored. No data were compromised."

Back to the subject, after posting this issue in ISC2 Community, I am very grateful that ISC2 Customer Experience Advisor has immediately contacted me with a clear answer "Please be informed that the CPEs of the quizzes are automatically submitted on or after 15th of the following month."

For the benefit of quiz taker, perhaps it would be useful to add this info somewhere in ISC2 Insights Quiz, so it would be obvious at first sight and self-explanatory at a glance that 2 CPEs would be awarded in the following month on or after 15th.

JY1
Newcomer I

@AlecTrevelyan,
Thank you for your reply and the links you provided.

I tried and below are the steps to get to the "Grades" section.
Step 1: New and Insights CPE Quizzes, then
Step 2: Class Progress, then
Step 3: Grades
I might have mistaken, but is there an existing navigation guide on how to check the grades and the history of attempted quizzes?

Yes, the "Update alerts" bell icon is useful as located beside member's name, so I can get straight to the item I want to check.

I am very grateful that ISC2 Customer Experience Advisor has immediately contacted me with a clear answer "Please be informed that the CPEs of the quizzes are automatically submitted on or after 15th of the following month."