Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bizmate
Viewer III

Adding News and Insights Quiz to the CPE portal

I have an OCD whereby I would like to just add the CPEs manually ASAP, ideally this should be immediate but I understand it is not a priority.

I still am not sure what is the right category for "News and Insights Quiz" when adding them.

I assume it is under "Education" where i can see categories

• Book, Magazine, Whitepaper
  • Courses and Seminars - Other
  • Higher Education Course
  • Industry Conference
  • Information security professional association chapter meeting
  • ISC2 Certification Course
  • ISC2 Continuing Education Course
  • Online webinars, podcasts and other online materials
  • Vendor Presentation

Just to make sure the submission is correct, should i add it as online materials?

4 Replies
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

The CPEs will be posted automatically at some point the following month after you pass the quiz.

At that point, if you have already added them manually, you'll have duplicates that you will then need to delete, so this seems pointless to me.

Anyway, to answer your question, what option you choose doesn't actually matter as long as you end up adding another 2 Group A CPEs.

denbesten
Community Champion

@bizmate wrote:

I would like to just add the CPEs manually ASAP,

I would chose "Book, Magazine, Whitepaper'.  Don't forget to go back a month or two later and remove the duplicate entry after the automatically submitted on has been applied.

I started by doing it the way you propose, but changed my process after I realized that duplicate entries could technically be considered fraudulent reporting.  Now, I stash a PDF of the evidence in a folder.  Then, every few months, I delete everything in the folder for which the auto-submission was successful and manually enter those for which it was not.  

Cris987
Viewer II

I am facing a similar situation regarding the Yearly Workforce Poll, and where to add it. Probably will add it under online materials, I didn't see any option that fit better.

If we want to make sure, we could just message member support...

denbesten
Community Champion

ISC2 staff have previously reported that "Online webinars, podcasts and other online materials" is pretty much the default bucket for group-A CPEs if nothing else makes sense.