cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
INDMichael
Viewer

CPE Question

Good day!  

I recently passed my CISSP and am awaiting the results of my endorsement and final membership approval.  In the meantime I have the opportunity to earn some CPE [CPD] credits by attending Virtual Cyber World Online. [18 cpd] ---- Questions -- Can i do this and will the creds apply even though I have provisionally passed?  Can I input these after I am fully certified?  It would be a shame not to take advantage of educational opportunities and because I could not get credit for them.  Any assistance would be helpful!!  Thanks!

1 Reply
denbesten
Community Champion

Congrats on passing.

The CPE handbook is your official answer to this question and for that matter, most everything CPE related.

CPE handbook, page 3 proclaims (emphasis mine):

Certified (ISC)2 members are required to earn and submit Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits during their three-year certification cycle.

Your three-year certification cycle generally starts the first day of the month after you have completed endorsement and will be printed on the face of your certificate when you receive/download it.

So, I am sad to report that attending Cyberworld now would not earn credits for a cycle that has not yet started.