Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cobra
Newcomer II

CPE Certificate for Infosec magazine quizzes?

Can the quiz certificate produced at the end of the Infosec magazine quizzes be returned?

I know the ePortfolio exists but this does not have any real reportable evidence of passing a quiz i can see.

I like to use the CPE cert as proof of my CPE tally on ISC and elsewhere.

16 Replies
denbesten
Community Champion

Just take the quiz again. Should be pretty easy to pass the second time given that the questions seem like they would be static.  

Also, you might find it helpful to get in the habit of PDFing CPE evidence and stashing it.  You never know when CYA archives will come in handy.

Cobra
Newcomer II

I've already passed the quiz but you don't a certificate at the end, no matter how many times you complete/pass it.

"Also, you might find it helpful to get in the habit of PDFing CPE evidence and stashing it.  You never know when CYA archives will come in handy."

That is the habit i am trying to maintain.

Results can be committed to an ePortfolio but it doesn't help with any completion certificate, it's just plain text.

Have a look at the latest (July/August) quiz, you will see what i mean.

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

You're advised to take a screenshot after passing the quiz:

Cybert
Newcomer I

I second that request. Would very much like to re-use the CPE certificate for CPE points earned for claiming CPE with other certification instances like ISACA etc.

Cobra
Newcomer II

@AlecTrevelyan - Those certificates don't appear at the end of the tests anymore, hence my initial post.

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

@Cobra wrote:

@AlecTrevelyan- Those certificates don't appear at the end of the tests anymore, hence my initial post.

It's not a certificate, it's just a screen advising that you passed the quiz that you're supposed to screenshot in lieu of a certificate.

This screen has certainly appeared on all the quizzes I've completed since they moved away from Blue Sky.

e.g. This is the most recent one I completed from last month:

AndreaMoore
Community Manager

@Cobra @AlecTrevelyan 

Checking into this for you. We changed the quiz vendor recently so let me find out if they can include a quiz certificate at the end. 

Thanks for the feedback. 

ISC2 Community Manager
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

@Cobra wrote:

Have a look at the latest (July/August) quiz, you will see what i mean.

OK, I've just completed the July/August quiz and can see that they're using another new quiz system, so I understand your point now.

Thankfully, due to this thread I was forewarned so took a screenshot as evidence of successful completion.

AndreaMoore
Community Manager

@AlecTrevelyan @Cobra @Cybert @denbesten 

Thanks all! Based on your discussion, some updates were made. 😀

The quiz vendor changed. Now when you finish the quiz the language has been updated to show your passing score. I also asked them to add language to encourage people to screen capture it for possible future CPE auditing purposes. 

Thanks for the suggestions on the user experience - I was able to have them implemented. 

ISC2 Community Manager