cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davidwaynemills
Newcomer II

CISSP CPE rollover question

Hi,

I am a CISSP whos 3-year CPE cycle ends sometime in February or March this year (2021).  On 11/17/2020 I attended a security conference in which I earned 6.5 class A CPE credits.  My understanding is that these should apply as rollover credits for the new 3-yr cycle beginning in 2021

Currently I'm showing 126.5 credits against the current cycle.  When my new cycle begins, will those 6.5 rollover credits automatically be subtracted from the 2018-2021 cycle and appear on the 2021-2024 cycle?

Thanks

Wayne 

4 Replies
CraginS
Defender I

@davidwaynemills wrote:

Currently I'm showing 126.5 credits against the current cycle.  When my new cycle begins, will those 6.5 rollover credits automatically be subtracted from the 2018-2021 cycle and appear on the 2021-2024 cycle?

Only if Type A credits earned in the final six months of your cycle.

=-=-=-=-=-=

Rollover CPE Credits
CPE rollover credits are limited to the number of recommended annual CPE credits each year for that credential, and must be earned within the last six months of the three-year certification cycle, in excess of the required CPE credits for that certification. For example, a CISSP may only roll over up to 40 Group A CPE credits (in excess of the required 120 CPE credits) if they were earned within the final 6 months of the previous three-year certification cycle. These rollover CPE credits will be eligible to satisfy the annual recommended CPE credits for the first year of the next certification cycle. Note that there is no rollover provision for Group B credits.

=-=-=-=

RTFM p.11.

Craig

D. Cragin Shelton, DSc
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
My Blog
My LinkeDin Profile
My Community Posts
davidwaynemills
Newcomer II

Thx Craig.  Yes they were Type A credits.  Mainly I was unclear on how the rollover policy would be reflected in the online tools.  Based on your reply, I will expect the online tracking tools to migrate those 6.5 credits to my new cycle around March.

Regards,

Wayne

denbesten
Community Champion

For me, last time it did not automatically roll-over.  I solved that problem by contacting member-services a month or two later.

davidwaynemills
Newcomer II

Thanks for the heads-up William! 

Probably unnecessary, but I am embedding an evidentiary screenshot of my surplus credits below, and will refer back to this thread in the future if needed.

Wayne

126.5-screenshot.png