Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MBonilla
Newcomer I

Associate of ISC2 -CISSP CPE question

Howdy everyone, I recently passed the CCSP and just like the CISSP will be designated Associate of ISC2 for the next 14 months. Does passing the CCSP allow me to put any CPE credits towards my annual required CPE credits for the Associate of ISC2 for the CISSP?

2 Replies
CraginS
Defender I

Are you already an Associate of (ISC)2 based on passing the CISSP exam, but still accumulating your experience years? Associate of (ISC)2 is not a certification, it is a limited membership type in  (ISC)2 for someone not fully certified. If you have your CISSP you are already a full member. There would be no "Associate of..." attached to your membership. You simply have to post your CPE toward your CISSP requirement as normal.If the CPE events you record fall into the cloud arena, they should double-count to the pending CCSP, which needs you pretty much to complete the experience requirement.

Don;t be surprised if a staff member corrects the above; I admit to being rusty some of the details on CPE management.

D. Cragin Shelton, DSc
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
My Blog
My LinkeDin Profile
My Community Posts
MBonilla
Newcomer I

At the moment I am an Associate of ISC2 from passing the CISSP. I have 14 months to go before I can submit my verification package for the experience requirement. As an Associate of ISC2 I am required to submit annual CPE credits.

I went ahead and took the CCSP because it also involves what I currently do as a security engineer. So my question is from passing the CCSP can I submit any CPE towards my annual requirement as an Associate of ISC2 that I was designated from the CISSP.