Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vr2xhy
Newcomer II

Associate desgination CPE for Certified members

I have already completed my CISSP CPEs. After the anniversary I found there is an another 15 hours CPE needs for the Associate designation. Say my CISSP CPEs already 60 hours last year and after anniversary CPE portal shows 15 hours need for Associate designation.

CISSP holder is already are already a "full member" and CPE counted towards CISSP shall sufficient and why still have additional CPE for an non-required designation? Checked the latest CPE handbook seems not mentioned on this scenario or might be I misread those wordings.

(https://www.isc2.org/-/media/Project/ISC2/Main/Media/documents/members/CPE-Handbook-2023.pdf?rev=317...)

----------
Alvin Chan
CISSP-ISSMP, ISC2 Authorized Instructor, MCIArb
HAM Callsign: VR2XHY, M0HTW
5 Replies
tldutton
ISC2 Team

@vr2xhy An Associate is someone who has passed one of our certification exams but has NOT met the cumulative experience requirements.  If you have passed the CISSP exam and have had your cumulative experience endorsed, then you're good to go (you're not considered an Associate), maintain your certification through CPEs and paying your AMF from that point forward.

Early_Adopter
Community Champion

Sounds like an error in the system - I’d contact member support to have it checked out.
vr2xhy
Newcomer II

Thanks @tldutton and that's my question - since I am already certified member why I still need fulfill the Associate CPE as it appears at my CPE portal 

----------
Alvin Chan
denbesten
Community Champion

How many ISC2 certification exams have you passed?  I see that you have a CISSP and an ISSMP badge.  If you have passed a 3rd exam, but have not yet endorsed, perhaps that is triggering it. 

vr2xhy
Newcomer II

Thanks @denbesten and I have completed all endorsement and received my welcome kit for CISSP and ISSMP (don't think my pass on CCSP exam today will impact on this)

my ISSMP CPE also completed... so don't know why I need refresh my Associate CPE

vr2xhy_0-1707365614579.png

----------
Alvin Chan