Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sharmamannu86
Viewer

study Material

what book to refer to cover CISSP new topics. As of now i am studying official study guide 8th edition. Please reply

2 Replies
csjohnng
Community Champion

@Sharmamannu86 

There are always change of domain (add or remove topic) and the official study guide will not able to catch up the changes.

https://www.isc2.org/-/media/ISC2/Certifications/Domain-Refresh/CISSP-Domain-Refresh.ashx

But honestly the official study guide still form the bases for your study and very good reference for you to start your study or exam prep.

I would suggest you look into the domain changes. Highlight the new /change one and try to see if you already have knowledge on those. I am sure the new ones are very common which you can find related knowledge easily.

Good luck.

John
madrarua
Viewer II

9th edition is out now on amazon. As well as the latest version of the practice tests.

Im only starting the CISSP study myself too, so im no expert but I did see the video from the books author (Mike Chappel) who said that 5 our of the 8 study domains have had changes made to them. Personally, I also have the 8th edition of the book at home from last year but i bought the new one (edition 9) 2 weeks ago and will be working from that one.