Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cyberfox
Newcomer I

passed CISSP exam!

The books/materials I used:

- OSG (Official ISC2 CISSP Study Guide)

- OPT (Official Practice Tests) (Amazon: https://a.co/d/5VCXSKI )

- the online training hub provided by AIO (All-in-One Exam Guide). If you buy the AIO book, you can get an active code for the questions at https://hub.totalsem.com/ 

I read OSG twice and then did OPT questions for each domain. Then I did the final exams on OPT. The most important thing is to understand every question that I did wrong. I decided to register for the exam when my error rate was under 20%. 

The online practice platform provided by AIO is good. I can do one question, and read the answer and explanations for this one, and then do the next. I can also build a mock exam with any number of questions and any time range. 

Compared with OSG and AIO, I prefer the OSG book. I think the contents of OSG are much clearer than AIO. 

During the exam, if you have one question you don't know which you should choose, follow your first instinct. 

I hope everyone can pass the CISSP exam on the first attempt.

Good luck! 

5 Replies
Steve-Wilme
Advocate II

Yes passed first time.  My dog was so jealous; I found it chewing my ISC2 pencil the other day.  No, no, it's mine I could sense it thinking as it scampered off with it's prize to chomp some more in a quiet corner of the dining room.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Steve Wilme CISSP-ISSAP, ISSMP MCIIS
ericgeater
Community Champion

Congratulations!  Well done.

-----------
A claim is as good as its veracity.
Early_Adopter
Community Champion

Congrats!
dcontesti
Community Champion

Congrats.

lewdenckla
Newcomer I

Great work! Enjoy the pay bump and all the benefits and privileges that come with the prestige of being a CISSP! People will turn to you for hard questions, and you may be asked to take on more responsibility.

However, you have proven by passing the exam that you have the skills and the expertise to research, engage in due diligence, and provide an amazing service to your clients. Wonderful job on passing!

-Lew Denckla

CISSP, CIAM, Security+
Founder, Dynamo Defense
Information Security SME

Enterprise Consultant

-Lew Denckla

CISSP, CIAM, Security+
Founder, Dynamo Defense

Information Security SME
Enterprise Consultant