Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rahul21
Viewer III

CISSP exam to be viewed from Managerial Perspective

Hi All,
I have passed CISSP recently and wanted to share my experiences:-

As a study material I read CISSP Official Professional Study guide and official exams practice which had all the domains knowledge covered.

While content is easy to read and understand ,exam requires lot of practical application and need to understand the situation from managerial view.

I really faced tough time understanding Encryption , Communication security hence more effort required to understand it.

While I had gone through all content and Practice more than 1000 questions , In exam didn't recived any question prepared all were new and for every question you have to think logically , add all concepts holistically and decide the best possible answer

I got 150 questions and just around 2 hours 55 min.
Trust me the experience after passing the exam was immense , it is a great value to your career.

From my experience don't practice too many questions , just fundamentally understand all the concepts in detail try to create Holistic perspective think like an Manager not as technical associate
Go through all domains again and again focussed on current issues for example cloud security CASB when it should be implemented.
You will always feel under prepared but at some point you have to take the chance and trust me it is great learning experience.

Best of the luck to those who are preparing for the exam
8 Replies
Dee
Viewer

Congratulations Raul!
weerayuths
Newcomer I

Dear Rahul

First of all congratulations for your achievement!!! 

I have failed my CISSP first attempt on 7 May. I was not well prepared and the exam has changed since 1 May.

Now, I am studying and waiting for new updated material. I planned to try again around the end of this year. Your achievement was great and impressed.

During my exam; I found the practice exam I prepared were totally different from the real exam and I have got 150 questions which I can not finished the last  6-7 questions.

Could you please share more about how to best prepare for the CISSP?

1. What material do you recommended? I found the Official exam practice test was totally different from the real exam.

2. Apart from the official study guide and the exam practice test; have you took any other training courses? Please recommended.

3. To get CISSP one need to score >70%; does one need to pass all the 8 domains? (I have passed only 4 out of 8 domains from my first try.) 

If you can share some more or have any recommendation please do so.

Thank you very much.

Weerayuth S.

Rahul21
Viewer III

Dear Weerayuth,
I had prepared official study guide also I had referred cissp sunflower summary it's a 37 page entire cissp summary.
You need to passed in all domains that's the criteria.
What made me passed was complete through understanding of all concepts

However to be honest once a submit the exam , I was unsure thought that I will fail but passed so I think I was very close to boundary
jhildebrand
Newcomer II

Thank you for the insight. Hoping to pass this go around. 

I took a break for a couple of weeks from my last test and starting to study again.

weerayuths
Newcomer I

Dear Rahul

Thank you very much!

BR,

Weerayuth S. 

jhildebrand
Newcomer II

Congrats!

dthapa
Viewer III

Lots of congratulations!

Passing this Gold Standard cert must have been an exhilarating experience in your life.

I am also on this journey and plan to sit for exam by the last quarter of this year.

Tips and tricks are always appreciated.

Thanks,

Dipendra

rkt
Viewer

Spoiler
Congratulations Rahul !!