Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrianF
Newcomer III

CISSP Exam Reschedule Quesiton?

If you need to reschedule but are not finding any available dates, will Pearson allow you to leave it open until a date shows up? 

I am scheduled for next week but have a conflict and do not see any dates in my area that work right now. However, I know reschedules / cancellations cause new dates to pop up from time to time. 

11 Replies
denbesten
Community Champion

That question would best be answered by PearsonVue.  I suggest contacting them on Monday.

BrianF
Newcomer III

Planning on it but just seeing if anyone else has dealt with this in the past. Not to sound negative but have had some interesting and conflicting information from calling them in the past. 

BrianF
Newcomer III

Q: Can you leave a reschedule request for and ISC2 exam open to schedule later?

A: No

After 58 (painful) minutes with a PVue rep, I got my answer. I won't go into details but I truly hate dealing with their support. 

denbesten
Community Champion

Although they don't have an official way of doing it, I do see two ways of accomplishing the same goal:

1. Cancel ($100) and then sign up again when you find a seat you want.
  2. Reschedule for 6-months out and then reschedule again when you find a seat that you actually want ($50+$50). 

Of course, I am presuming that your other plans are more important than $100. 😁

bpdelacruz
Newcomer III

Why is there a cancellation or reschedule fee? Other certification bodies such as CompTIA and Microsoft do not charge any fees to cancel or reschedule.

sgee1492
Newcomer I

Charging a reschedule fee, cuts down on the schedule churn.   I rescheduled 3 times to get the appointment time that I wanted.   (monday morning)    Why is scheduling this exam so difficult?   

Oluwa7joba
Viewer

I am trying to reschedule my exam and I could not get the link.

abhattac5
Newcomer III

The two ways that @denbesten listed would be the only realistic ways I could see. There's also a window (1 year, I believe) which you have for any test voucher - so if it goes beyond that, then all the dates would be unavailable.

Either that, or look as far afield as possible for other test centers. (I had to take my test much farther away, but still got a slot.)

Not easy, but theoretically possible.

Early_Adopter
Community Champion

It’s helpful to remember that Pearson VIE is a business and a lot of their test centres are independent, so things might not always be 100% consistent. Especially with the CC exam having a free till you pay AMF path. It’s possible that it’s just not economically viable to change time, date or test centres between ISC2, P-VUE and the test centre.

Anyway it’s a fascinating business model:

https://home.pearsonvue.com/Test-owners/Develop.aspx