Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chrilawr
Reader I

CISSP Endorsement submission

I'm currently studying for the CISSP exam but want to understand (and get ahead of) the endorsement process that's waiting at the end. 

I've worked as an Enterprise Architect across government, military and highly regulated financial institutions since 2005 with the most significant and ranging security related experience being prior to emigrating to the US in 2018.  My question to this community of 'wise-owls' is whether there are any restrictions on how far back I can go when drafting my submission for endorsement.

One colleague CISSP suggested that there used to be guidance to only submit experience from the past 10 years but that may have been relaxed.  Are there any published guidelines I should be aware of?

Many thanks

Chris

4 Replies
denbesten
Community Champion

The instructions do not include any such guidance.  

When I endorsed, I included way more than the minimum of 5 years experience and I noted to which domains each job applied.  Idea being that if something is denied, I still would clear the hurdle by a large margin.

Early_Adopter
Community Champion

I’d add that I think going back ten years is plenty, however if you can go back to 2005 why not?
emb021
Advocate I

I would echo @denbesten comments.

When I submitted for endorsement, I provided an edited version of my resume showing my experiences where I specifically noted my activities and what domain(s) they related to.  This is something I've always recommended to others as well.

I think I went back no more then 10 years just to be certain of no issues.

---
Michael Brown, CISSP, HCISPP, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, CDPSE, GSLC, GSTRT, GLEG, GSNA, CIST, CIGE, ISSA Fellow
mathurapk90
Reader I