Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Emem
Viewer

Self paced study

Is there any self-paced study materials for CGRC?

19 Replies
singh83
Viewer II

looks like that's the case since ISC2 renamed CAP to CGRC. btw, I couldn't find a link to the book title.

emb021
Advocate I

Same.  Looked for the source mentioned and nothing came up on Google but the old CBKs from ISC.

---
Michael Brown, CISSP, HCISPP, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, CDPSE, GSLC, GSTRT, GLEG, GSNA, CIST, CIGE, ISSA Fellow
RyanLeVier
Newcomer I

I had a number of conversations with different people in the community, I even tried to reach out to Paul Howard (original author who is also local to me) but the common prevailing explanation is that the CBK is now behind the Course Paywall. In order to access a prepared CBK you must purchase training from ISC2.  

That said, of course anyone is free to chase the resources and create your own CBK (which is what I am in the process of doing).  I've started by creating a Vocab list from linked resources and I think I've discovered a few holes in the vocabulary list.  

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aMLUoVKuF1ccsXxCUszfG14Fyz_W2VBy/view?usp=share_link

-Ryan LeVier, CISSP | CSAE

ericgeater
Community Champion

@RyanLeVier that's a great document... but when I opened it in Google Docs the layout seemed to drastically change.  Don't know if that's because my browser decided to mangle it.

Still, I am glad you shared it with us.  If we see something that might be useful to add, would you like for us to mention it?

-----------
A claim is as good as its veracity.
DrK
Newcomer I

Yes - the material has not changed. Only the name has changed from CAP to CGRC

Uminxu2
Newcomer I

Thanks Mike!

Uminxu2
Newcomer I

Thanks Ryan for the document and obvious effort it took to put it together!
Joephoto
Viewer III

Don't know how your vocabulary list compares, but (ISC)2 has online vocabulary flashcards that cover the seven CGRC domains, and it is actually free: https://www.isc2.org/Training/Self-Study-Resources/CGRC/Chapter-1#

Joe Paul, MBA | CISSP | CISA | CGEIT | CRISC | CBCP | CTPRP | PMP
Ashief_Ahmed
Viewer II

Hi,

There are lots of resources and I am kind of confused. Is there anyone who can provide a crisp list of resources for CGRC?

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Ashief Ahmed CISSP, SSCP, CCSP, CC, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CDPSE, CCSK, AWS SAA

ericgeater
Community Champion

@Ashief_Ahmed@emb021 correctly pointed out that the bulk of free material is the NIST and ISO documents which companies commonly use to create a governance strategy.  There may be some paid training available from ISC2, but if you're just talking self-study, then becoming familiar with the Special Publications may be a great place to begin.

Oh, and the Flash Cards.  They're pretty useful.

-----------
A claim is as good as its veracity.