Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
creativemarsh
Viewer

Passed CCSP

I walked in feeling prepared and comfortable to take the exam. It turned out I was not in control of that situation. I walked out thinking I bombed the exam. Imagine my surprise when I turned the paper over and it said congrats. I completed the exam with 4 minutes left. Be ready to be at the exam's mercy. The way the questions are asked and the way the answers are phrased/provided really threw me through a loop. Like everyone else says: read, reread, and REREAD the questions and answers. Even if you are 100% sure of the answer, look at the other answers and question why that is the answer.

Experience: ~13 years in cyber compliance

Previous Certs: CISSP (2016), Sec+, Net+

Study time: 3 months (Month 1: Reading | Month 2: Reading and questions | Month 3: Endless questions and reading weak subject areas)

Study Material:

6 Replies
Manjunath
Viewer III

Congratulations!!!!!!

I have completed reading the study material. Can you please suggest where to purchase the practice questions for CCSP.

ericgeater
Community Champion

Congrats!  I'm hoping to take the test in less than a month.  Did you have any other study material than the practice tests?

-----------
A claim is as good as its veracity.
riffjim4069
Newcomer III

Congrats on you hard work and dedication! 

riffjim4069
Newcomer III

Since some folks asked about Study Resources, here's what I used: (your mileage may vary) 

First, ISC2 retired my HCISPP certification and offered me a self-study program/exam voucher in exchange, so I accepted the CCSP.  I purchased the Official ISC2 CBK in 2016 (now a bit dated) and have been wanting to get cloud certified for years. 

I'm a fan of ISC2 Instructor led certification programs (if you can get employer to pay $$$) but I'm not to keen on the self-study programs, or most recorded lecture programs for that matter.  I'll do them, but it's not my preferred way to learn and I'll opt for reading textbooks and hands-on - it works best for me.  The self-study program was okay (there are better IMO and I really didn't pay close attention to the presentations), but the student Digital eTextbook is spot-on aligned with the exam objectives and the best resource available.  Unlike the CISSP, ISSAP, etc., the CCSP self-paced training is actually reasonably priced...more so if you use your 20% members discount, and even better if you opt for only 90-day access.  180-day: $920/$736 member, 90-day: $550/$440 

I also studied for the Cloud+ (purchased CompTIA Student Guide - CV0-003) and took the exam within 4-days of the CCSP.  The exam certainly has a different focus (e.g., hands-on spinning-up cloud resources versus cloud/infrastructure security architect solving business problems) but there is A LOT of overlapping knowledge and skills. I didn't plan on taking the Cloud+, but it was offered to me in Beta (CV1-004) and only cost $50 (vice $369).  So what the heck! To me, studying for both certifications helped me master both - just take a day prior to the exam to orientate yourself on where the CCSP exam is focused.

1. CCSP Self-Paced Digital e-Textbook is the BEST study/prep guide IMO - perfectly aligned with the CCSP exam objectives. 

2. Mike Chapple's (ISC)2 CCSP Certified Cloud Security Professional Official Study Guide, 3rd Edition - this is the best text (almost as good as #1) and can be ordered from Wiley for a nice ISC2 member's discount.  

3. Mike Chapple's (ISC)2 CCSP Certified Cloud Security Professional Official Practice Tests, 3rd Edition - something like 900 test questions-->also available from Wiley for a nice member's discount.  Honestly, I completed only 200-300 questions because the self-study had a few hundred, as did my Cloud+ study.  

4. CompTIA Cloud+ Student Guide (CV0-003) 

I've read all kinds of Cloud Security Alliance, NIST/FedRamp, Azure/AWS framework, configuration and guidance docs during my day job.  Although these provide great useful information, I'd avoid them all and stick to the ones I mentioned because their vendor neutral, which is what you most need to remember.  

I hope this helps...just my two-cents.  Cheers! 

deedee95
Newcomer I

Congratulations!!! working on mine!
Manjunath
Viewer III

Thank you for the details. It helps.