Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
felixagbor
Viewer

cc exams

I failed the CC exams after the one million free self paced training and now registered for the exams with payment.

How do i get the training material to study or prepare for my exams. I need info on this urgently by anyone who can help

8 Replies
Early_Adopter
Community Champion

Sorry to hear that you failed. ISC2 offers you two additional packages containing study material, these cost 199 and 804 USD respectively, however if you pass you do not need to pay the first year’s 50 USD AMF.

You could sign up for the Google Certified Cybersecurity Professional and get access to the free seven days courseware, there is much more than CC and it’s also quite hands on.

There are a couple of books coming out as well as an ISC2 digital only textbook for 19.95 USD:

https://www.amazon.sg/Certified-Cybersecurity-All-One-Guide/dp/1265203814/ref=asc_df_1265203814/?tag...

https://www.amazon.sg/Certified-Cybersecurity-Study-Guide-Chapple/dp/1394213832/ref=asc_df_139421383...

https://www.isc2.org/certifications/cc#Prepare%20for%20Success

Prepare for Success

ISC2 offers a choice of flexible exam prep options for Certified in Cybersecurity that will help you gain the solid foundation of knowledge employers are looking for from an association they trust.
As part of our commitment to help close the workforce gap, our new global initiative, One Million Certified in Cybersecurity, is offering free Certified in Cybersecurity (CC) Online Self-Paced Training and exams to the first million people entering the field for the first time. Supplement any of the below training+exam bundles with the CC eTextbook for only $19.95.
Self-Paced + Exam: U.S. $0

Train at your own pace through an engaging online learning experience. Build a solid foundation of knowledge tested on the CC exam. Exam included. Pay U.S. $50 Annual Maintenance Fee (AMF) upon passing the certification exam.

To meet every learner’s needs, we’re also offering two Certified in Cybersecurity training bundles with special extras. Choose the option that’s right for you.
Self-Paced + Exam + Extras: U.S. $199*

Train at your own pace through an engaging online learning experience. Build a solid foundation of knowledge tested on the CC exam.
Two opportunities to pass the exam
Access to course content for 180-days
Pay no Annual Maintenance Fees for the first year (U.S. $50 value)
Live Online + Exam + Extras: U.S. $804*

Participate in live sessions led by an ISC2 Authorized Instructor and work on your own through an engaging self-paced experience.
Two opportunities to pass the exam
Access to course content for 180-days
Pay no Annual Maintenance Fees for the first year (U.S. $50 value)
Learn in a live virtual classroom led by an ISC2 Authorized Instructor
Interactive peer discussions
Interested in Certification for Your Team?
Schedule a training consult to get your team enrolled today.
fredcoman
Newcomer I

I took the exam yesterday as well and was shocked that what was in ISC2 online course training was only a small percentage of what was on the exam. Upon reading through the forums and seeing that others have run into the same issue, it does seem a bit unfair that we are given "official" study material to prepare for the exam and it doesn't fully prepare us for the exam. I should have done more research for the exam to be better prepared. 

Going forward, I have come across the following exam guide. Planning to purchase to prepare for my next attempt at the exam - https://www.amazon.com/Certified-Cybersecurity-All-One-Guide/dp/1265203814/ref=sr_1_1?crid=326JL5NHK...

I also came across this on LinkedIn - (ICS)2 Certified in Cybersecurity (CC) Cert Prep 

There seems to be many resources available, but these are just the two that I will be using to prepare for my next attempt. It sucks that I failed, but sucks even more that I won't be able to use the voucher to take it for free again! 

Good luck to you going forward, my friend! 

Fred

Early_Adopter
Community Champion

Sorry you didn’t pass - If your memory is good enough then feed back to ISC2 the things you think were deficient/lacking on the content side, then there can be some improvement.

Cheers!
Beaver
Viewer

This is so true! Over 50% of questions were not discussed within the preparation course. My understanding is that you need to prepare for the CISSP to qualify for CC.

fredcoman
Newcomer I

@Beaver I haven't looked into the material or whatever else is required for the CISSP, but I have come across others mentioning that. If that is true, should we not just go for the CISSP instead of wasting time on the CC exam?

Fred 

Beaver
Viewer

If you still have an option to take the free CC exam that would be helpful experience in your learning curve, I think. You'll see how the real life exam is structured and get more clear vision on what to expect further, imho

Early_Adopter
Community Champion

If you have the required skills experience to certify as a CISSP then cost aside it’s almost certainly better for you to do that.

The exam will be more difficult than CC… and the main question is where are you in your career? Breaking into Information Security- well in that case CC is likely more useful to you, and CompTIA’s Security+ even more so(though be prepared to spend more).

If you’ve yet to break into IT then other certification might suit you better.

If you already have the required experience go for CISSP, it’s textbooks are more up to date than others and cover all the content you need for the exam.
LakminaPerera
Viewer

self learn