Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dattechgal9000
Newcomer I

Woman Study Group or Study Partner for Upcoming CC Exam

Hi! My exam is coming up on Dec 11 and I would like to start a women's study group or find a woman who would also like a female study partner. Teamwork makes the dreamwork!

14 Replies
Nehawa86
Viewer

Great to have a study partner. My exam i scheduled for dec 18th

deja_vu
Newcomer I

yes we shall do it. But how do we connect

Early_Adopter
Community Champion

There is a private message function(envelope) in the top right corner of the UI. It’s basic but you can message, friend people etc and it means you don’t need to post email addresses in forum which isn’t a great practice.

Good luck.
dattechgal9000
Newcomer I

Thanks! That helps greatly!

dattechgal9000
Newcomer I

Ok I figured it out! If interested send me a PM and I can add you to the study group on Studyverse. 👩‍💻

Bduffy89
Newcomer II

I'd love to join in as well! I'm scheduled to take my test on the 9th

dcontesti
Community Champion

Ladies, for your reference:

@tldutton posted this message:

________________________________________________________________________________

1. First pull the most current exam outline; that will shape what you study--it gets updated every three years.  For example the CISSP exam outline:  https://www.isc2.org/certifications/cissp/cissp-certification-exam-outline.
  2. Go to the "References" page,https://www.isc2.org/certifications/references?queryID=b2046ece2f9b8bd7d514534e0f0efb17, then go to the cert you're interested in.  This page is updated every January to reflect the top-10 references for each cert's domains (combined, then dupes removed) that were used by volunteer member SMEs to create items (questions) for that particular cert.  It's not all-inclusive and won't guarantee you pass but will give you insight into the top references used to support most of that cert's items (additional study resources)
  3. Pull the flash cards for the cert you're interested in.  For the CISSP, the cards can be requested at:https://cloud.connect.isc2.org/cissp-flashcards
  4. Join the ISC2 Communities site,https://community.isc2.org/, then join the "Exam Preparation" board under "Certification" then join the "study group" associated with the exam you're interested in; these are found under "Groups" then "Study Groups", then join the appropriate board.

Those are the free resources that ISC2 provides to help with your exam prep. 

I highly recommend scheduling your exam first, giving yourself more than enough time to study/prepare for it.  Many times, if you don't schedule it, you'll just keep pushing it to the right then scramble to schedule it at the last minute.  If you think it'll take you six months, give yourself a buffer and schedule it eight months from now.

I also suggest reading the most current CBK for the cert you're preparing for as well as an "exam prep guide"; for the CISSP; don't rely on just one source for your studying. I personally read the entire current CISSP CBK as well as Shon Harris' most current CISSP Exam prep guide; find what works for you.  I also recommend taking a week-long, real time boot camp the week prior to your scheduled exam to act as a final, formatted study session and time to get all the concepts straight in your head. In reference to boot camps, go with a training provider you've used in the past that resulted in passing an exam or ask your peers who they used.  The company I used is no longer in business but they definitely helped me understand topics such as cryptographic algorithms better.

If you don't have any of our exams and are aiming for the CISSP as your first, I highly suggest starting with our Certified in Cybersecurity (CC) exam, which you can take a free course by ISC2 and get a free exam voucher for your first attempt.  This will expose you to how our items (questions) are formatted.  The process we use to create content for our CC exam is the same standardized process we use for all of our exams.

If you have any questions, you can always reach out to me via IM on this platform.

Although he wrote this for the CISSP, the information is very relevant to all certs.

As his notes states, if you have specific questions, you can send him a message for additional assistance.

All the best in your endeavours

d

temty
Viewer III

I'm interested as well, I have exam scheduled for 19th of December

Bduffy89
Newcomer II

Hey everyone, found this post as well about study recs for the CC. One of the ones mentioned is the Udemy study site, they have a sale running current for black Friday (not sure if they normally have them, first time actually going to the site) but its only $13 currently and comes with practice tests and some additional modules. 

I also bought the $20 book ISC2 published, its almost verbatim to the self study course and is offline app enabled in addition to working on PC. Looks like Wiley press also has a preorder for the ISC2 CC study manual, but its not available until 2024. 

Hope this helps and also PM @dattechgal9000 for the link to the studyverse website. We were tentatively thinking of meeting to study around 6pm (1800) EST on Monday.