Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cjcup_97
Newcomer I

What to do now?

I just passed the CC exam and I'm assuming that I'll have to do that endorsement thing when my exam results are fully processed (please correct me if I am wrong).

I was looking through other discussion posts and the Security+ Certification came up; should this be something I pursue next? If not, what else should I try to do?

5 Replies
funkychicken
Newcomer III

When I passed mine, I got an email to verify a few things and there is a payment on there which you need to pay to get the certificate. The Certificate wont be granted unless you pay for the certificate. After this, it takes about 2 days and you should have your certificate electronically on your profile. 

EchelonVigil
Newcomer III

1. Congrats on passing the exam.
  2. The Security+ is almost the same thing. ISC2 is fairly new, so many companies may not be familiar.
  3. Certifications are always nice to have, but experience is more important.
  4. If you have no experience, welcome to catch22.
varunpuri
Viewer III

Congratulations.

I just passed it yesterday, so equally new to the process. After the test in about 5 hours (appreciate the speed) I got a mail from ISC2 about the results. I was to submit my Application, agree to some terms and conditions, as indicated I may have to either find another ISC2 certified member to endorse me or I can request ISC2 to endorse me, filled up the forms, I rememebr I selected that I am a Member (thought that was to be the choice) , in the Note section before you submit your application I mentioned requesting ISC2 to endorse me. Paid the membership fee and got the certificate instantly.

PS: I do hold about 10+ years of experience of working in Application security implementation, testing, standards and compliance with ISO 27001:2013, EU GDPR.

cjcup_97
Newcomer I

Thank you for the advice! Currently a cybersecurity intern so I'm trying my best to gain experience along with those certifications.

EchelonVigil
Newcomer III

Learn as much as you can and you'll do wonders. Congratulations again.