Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tess
Newcomer II

TIP: In-house, or local study groups

With so many people jumping onboard with ISC2's new "Certified in Cybersecurity" entry-level certification, we're seeing a large influx of people with very little IT experience. That's marvelous, because it means there's a huge number of people who are willing to learn! 🙂 

October is international CyberSecurity Week

As part of CSM 2022, I've organised a "study challenge" at my customer. I'm challenging anyone in an IT role, to study for and pass the ISC2 CC exam. That's where my tip to you comes in:

You can of course look for study groups on Discord, Reddit or here on these forums. But you can also start a local, or in-house study group. 

That's exactly what we're doing at my customer: every week during October, we'll have a two hour study session in a very large meeting room and via MS Teams. All participants in the challenge can join via Teams or in person, to make for a fun and active group. 

Meeting in person will help you stay focused and motivated. It will also make it easier to quickly get answers to any problems or questions you may run into. 

So, want to power-up your studying? Find a few people local to you, or inside your company, who'd like to study with you!

1 Reply
MrITGus
Contributor I

Excellent initiative.  Definitely its important to bring more people into the IT Security field.

Thank you for sharing what you are doing to motivate more people close to you to join forces in making this a better world.

I wish you all the best!

Best Regards,

Gus