priscilacosta
Newcomer I

Share your experience with ELCC test

Did anyone here pass the exam?

79 Replies
Kaity
Community Manager

Hi @Liza!

Your exam voucher will be good for the pilot period, as well as once the exam becomes fully operational, which we anticipate to be August 29.

If you take the exam during the pilot period, you'll get your results once the exam is fully operational along with everyone else who took it during the pilot (January - end of August). 

If you take the exam AFTER the pilot, you'll get your results as soon as the exam finishes in the test center. 

I hope this helps!

Liza
Viewer III

Thank you @Kaity 🙂
Effort5783
Newcomer I

I just took the exam after 1 month prep using the self paced course, looking forward to getting results 2 months later 🙂

Agronom
Newcomer I

I've received the email about provisionally passing the ELCC exam. Emal text is pretty general for all ISC2 exams and contains information about the endorsement process, which is not required for ELCC.

What I should do next to obtain the certification?

JohnnyTsunami
Newcomer I

I received the same email, I posed the question to to the ISC2 Support email because it conflicts with the template email they are using.  I am also not a member of ISC so I can't pay dues without knowing how to receive the certificate to get my ISC Member ID, which I would get once I receive my certificate, which requires an Annual Maintenance Fee (AMF) to receive the certificate.  

jimmieostarr
Newcomer I

I am also not able to pay the fee. Not sure how to finish the certification process and become a member. 

jimmieostarr
Newcomer I

I got the email stating that I passed the exam. It does not give me an option to pay the fee.

AndreaMoore
Community Manager

Once again, congratulations on your achievement! We cannot thank you enough for your participation in this historic pilot program, and your patience as we closed out the pilot in order to deliver your final results.

The endorsement option for CC will be available beginning this Thursday, September 1. Please access the online endorsement form then and let us know if you need any further help.

Please note that while you do not need to submit any work experience for the CC. The endorsement form is needed to show your commitment to abide by the (ISC)² Code of Ethics. In addition to completing the endorsement application, an annual maintenance fee is required. For CC members this is U.S. $50.

ISC2 Community Manager
Kyle_Meek
Newcomer I

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for the information! I did notice that the balance went from $125 USD to $50 USD today. Just for clarification, the "Endorsement" for the CC is not the typical ISC2 Endorsement needed for other exams. Will we still be required to have a current member vouch for us, or is this explicitly a self-attestation to abide by the code of ethics?

P.S. - Congrats to everyone else that has passed the pilot exam. This is a great first step for us in helping the Cybersecurity community become stronger. 😊

Thanks,

Kyle

AndreaMoore
Community Manager

@Kyle_Meek 

@Kyle_Meek wrote:

Hi Andrea,

Just for clarification, the "Endorsement" for the CC is not the typical ISC2 Endorsement needed for other exams. Will we still be required to have a current member vouch for us, or is this explicitly a self-attestation to abide by the code of ethics?

Correct. No work experience or current member vouching for you for this one, just agree to Terms and Conditions/abide by the code of ethics! 🙂 

ISC2 Community Manager