Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndreaMoore
Community Manager

Pilot Participants: Results and Next Steps

Our entry-level certification, (ISC)² Certified in Cybersecurity℠, is fully operational!  

We are excited for our association as (ISC)² Certified in Cybersecurity℠, our new entry-level certification, is now a fully operational program.  

More than 1,500 individuals, who passed the exam during our pilot program, are now on their path to full certification! These individuals have proven they have the strong problem-solving abilities, communication skills, strategic thinking skills and an eagerness to learn needed to be a successful cybersecurity professional. 

This certification is an opportunity to encourage new entrants to the field who will train under experienced cybersecurity professionals and managers while growing their own expertise.  

Once again, congratulations on your achievement! We cannot thank you enough for your participation in this historic pilot program, and your patience as we closed out the pilot in order to deliver your final results.

The endorsement option for CC will be available beginning this Thursday, September 1. Please access the online endorsement form then and let us know if you need any further help.

Please note that while you do not need to submit any work experience for the CC. The endorsement form is needed to show your commitment to abide by the (ISC)² Code of Ethics. In addition to completing the endorsement application, an annual maintenance fee is required. For CC members this is U.S. $50.

ISC2 Community Manager
46 Replies
ajvcsoares
Newcomer II

Hi @AndreaMoore 

thank you for sharing next steps on CC.

All the best!

tjrobinson
Viewer II

Thanks for the update @AndreaMoore. I'm a bit confused about the need for endorsement though, as https://www.isc2.org/Endorsement says "Please note: if you have passed the Certified in Cybersecurity exam, endorsement is not required." but your message suggests it might be?

TrickyDicky
Contributor II

@AndreaMoore My understanding is that (ISC)2 was strategically against tiered membership levels (although I haven't really heard anyone say that exactly).  Am I correct in thinking that CC members and Associate Members will be both charged $50 for AMFs, while SSCP and other member levels will attract a $125 AMF fee? Is this not further cementing the idea of tiered levels?

Does this mean that CC will effectively enjoy the same T&Cs as a current Associate?

AndreaMoore
Community Manager

@tjrobinson wrote:

Thanks for the update @AndreaMoore. I'm a bit confused about the need for endorsement though, as https://www.isc2.org/Endorsement says "Please note: if you have passed the Certified in Cybersecurity exam, endorsement is not required." but your message suggests it might be?

This "endorsement process" is not like with our other certifications requiring work experience/endorsement from another member -  but it does require you to accept Terms and Conditions and abide by the (ISC)2 Code of Ethics. 

ISC2 Community Manager
VitaminMT
Newcomer I

Thank you @AndreaMoore for the instruction on the next steps. I have passed the exam and it is September 1st so I have been trying to get myself endorsed but despite of several attempts an error always pops up saying "you must have passed the exam within 9 months" (which I did) and it is rejected. 

AndreaMoore
Community Manager

@VitaminMT I'm sorry about that issue. Please send an email to membersupport@isc2.org so someone can assist you. 

ISC2 Community Manager
VitaminMT
Newcomer I

Thanks @AndreaMoore , I will.

Effort5783
Newcomer I

I just checked 10:07 BST time and I am getting an error on the endorsement application page, I will contact membersupport@isc2.org for more information because I am getting 'Your account has not been fully provisioned yet. Contact Member Services at membersupport@isc2.org for additional information.'

In the meantime, will the text 'Please note: if you have passed the Certified in Cybersecurity exam, endorsement is not required.' on this page be updated? https://www.isc2.org/Endorsement. There are lot of messages that contradict each other lately. It's not until I read your post that I realize there is an endorsement option for CC. What about people who do not follow this forum? They wouldn't know.
bpdelacruz
Newcomer III

I contacted membersupport@isc2.org about my issue regarding that I needed to have taken the exam within the past 9 months. I passed the exam on August 12.