Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Genial1232
Viewer II

Passed my CC Exam

I just passed the CC Exam. It was quite easy, overall straightforward.

For those preparing for the exam, I beg you to please find material outside of the ISC CC Training. Trust me, you are most likely to fail if you only depend on one study materials source. Check exam preps on YouTube, CompTIA's (Security+) Cert Master Practice, and so many other resources such as LinkedIn Learning and Udemy. Please carefully read the questions, some scenarios are quite tricky.

So far I have a Google Cybersecurity Certificate and now the CC Certificate.
16 Replies
SumBLKguy
Viewer III

I used Udemy.com and YouTube. I would suggest getting the ebook as well. Why? Because there are some questions that aren’t covered on in the free self-pace trainings.
Tayodavid
Viewer II

I will agree with you, I prepared with only materials provided by ISC squared, wrote the exam and did not pass, now I have started extensive and more rigorous preparation…

Theo_cert
Newcomer I

I have access to LinkedIn learning. The Mike Chapple CC course was very good. So I suggest those videos and the four practice exams available on LinkedIn learning. But I strongly believe the free training is enough. However, I suggest going through the class twice. Study whatever questions you miss. Review the free training and find those answers. Any topic you have trouble with write it down, like with pen and paper not typed. 

# Anything below here can be ignored 

Memorizing things like protocols/ports or the OSI and TCP/IP models is not wasted time. But it seems safe to say you do not need to. You might get a few questions, you might get more than a few. I expect that if I re-tested it would not be the same test. But you need these things for future certifications. Set your sites high and learn these like you would need to for the CCNA (or other ISC2 certs). People say you do not need these for work. But the 'ops engs' guys who fixed what I could not, knew this stuff cold and used it. 

The wording of the exam can be tricky. So, a process of elimination technique is hard to deploy. You have to know 100% why your selected answer is the best. You have to know why the unselected answers are not the best. Do the practice exams like this. 

If you are pressed for time just do the free course. If you have time for another course. Choose one that is from a recognizable trainer with a solid reputation. The more ways material is presented to you the easier a time you will have with tricky questions. Be careful choosing non-ISC2 material. I found a practice exam that had at least two bad questions. 

I completed a BS in Network Security in 2022. I have an active CCNA and some minor certs. My A+, Sec+, and Net+ are all lapsed. As I recall, I need to renew those and get the CySA+, goal within 6 months. This is for a job I verbally accepted a couple of days ago. Great job and in a mind-blowing location. I have 10 years IP NOC experience. In 2019, I took the A+, Net+, and since I over over-prepared I studied for one week and passed the Sec+. 

I passed the CC provisionally today. I started studying in mid-February. First I watched the Mike Chapple CISSP video series, paying fairly close attention. Then I watched his CC videos and paid close attention. After this, I completed the free training here. I did take a few weeks to study for job interviews (Splunk, VMware, and IT helpdesk topics). I started the free training getting a 90% on the pre-assessment, I'm not sure if that was 90/100 or familiar with 90% of the material to be covered. Then it was back to LinkedIn learning for the CC practice exams there, I took 3 of the 4. Then took or re-took the free training post-assessment and scored a 90 or 91. I scored 90-96 on all the practice exams. I took notes in MS Notepad when I studied the topics I missed on the practice exams. I do not think I missed more than 10 questions on the exam, maybe only 5. I forced myself to read the questions and answers carefully, Then I selected an answer. Then I read again and considered the answers again. I tried to eliminate the answers I was not selecting. I treated the answers like questions

Chrisyoung
Viewer

Please help me with the questions and possibly the answer
Hydraxide
Viewer

Hi !

I have a question, as in preparation of the course and exam I would like to ask wheter this exam is doable by someone who is deaf.  Eg. nothing in the exam comes with audio. Or videos with question spoken without captioning ?

Thanks for answering.

Theo_cert
Newcomer I

There was no audio or video portions on the exam. The audio/video from the free training here and the training I used from LinkedIn Learning had transcripts readily available. 

If you are very thorough the free training is enough. But you have to go back and look up any quiz or test answer you miss or are unsure of. While studying don't be satisfied guessing the right answer, be certain. Treat the possible answers as questions, and know why the 'wrong' answers are not the best answer. 

Theo_cert
Newcomer I

As best I can tell; all the questions and all the answers I selected were in the free training material. There are no shortcuts to passing. Do the free class twice and look up questions you miss in the free material. When you score 90% or higher with no guessing you should pass. But one more thing will help, that is to read the supporting material about what the exam covers. Read this material for comprehension, I did not and think I should have.

If one somehow managed to guess their way through the exam. What would that person do at work? Imagine a manager and director standing by with an executive with them and asking about an ongoing incident. Outside of medical tragedy life might not get any worse than that. 

You can pass this exam.